News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

1965 Shelby GT350 Steering Wheels

Started by Shelby_r_b, June 16, 2023, 04:16:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shelby_r_b

I have two 1965 GT350 Steering Wheels for sale.

First up: an exact replica of the 3-hole 1965 GT350 Steering Wheel. These are produced by Springall out of the UK. These wheels were replicated to exact specifications using an original 1965 3-hole wheel. These wheels are absolutely stunning! This one has never been mounted / driven, and it comes with the optional (from Springall) hub. 

Price is SOLD plus the ride.
Nothing beats a classic!

Shelby_r_b

The second steering wheel is a reproduction originally sold through Tony Branda. This one was originally produced in the 80s, and I purchased it as an NOS repro. The wheel has been mounted, and it comes with the mounting hub. One neat point about the hub: it's been modified to cancel turn signals (see the red arrow in picture 3).

Price is $475 plus the ride.

Thanks!
Nothing beats a classic!

TLea

I wish first wheel was second wheel style  :'(

OldMil

67 GT350

Can you tell me if these would work on a 66? if so, is there a horn modify that cam be done?
RARE  Signature Delete

Shelby_r_b

Quote from: 67 GT350 on June 16, 2023, 05:19:29 PM
Can you tell me if these would work on a 66? if so, is there a horn modify that cam be done?

Great question! These can definitely be used on a 66. However, I'm not aware of a way to use a horn button that's mounted in the center of the wheel (others may be able to correct me).

What I have seen people do on a 66 is run a horn switch to the dash (just like in a 1965 GT350). In fact, a good friend of mine has a Carryover and uses a 1965 GT350 steering wheel and he mounted a horn switch just like on 65 GT350s.

I hope that helps!
Nothing beats a classic!

Shelby_r_b

In fact, the one wheel from Branda that was mounted / used was mounted to a 66 Mustang. I used a horn switch that was mounted on the dash, as the car was built as an R Model Restomod.
Nothing beats a classic!

67 GT350

Are there any centers for the wheels? Or what would you order?
RARE  Signature Delete

Shelby_r_b

Quote from: 67 GT350 on June 16, 2023, 09:29:08 PM
Are there any centers for the wheels? Or what would you order?

I would use a repro center cap (or you can run without one).

Here's the one from Branda, but they haven't had them in stock for a while.

https://store.cobranda.com/cstwhcecap.html
Nothing beats a classic!

Shelby_r_b

The 3-hole steering wheel is sold!

The Branda repro is still available.

Thanks!
Nothing beats a classic!

Shelby_r_b

Quote from: TLea on June 16, 2023, 04:29:58 PM
I wish first wheel was second wheel style  :'(

Hey Tim,

That same shop is now producing the slotted 65 wheels. PM me if you want the contact info for the owner, Mark.

Thanks!
Nothing beats a classic!

Shelby_r_b

Bump - the reproduction wheel is still available - thanks!
Nothing beats a classic!