News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Correct 4 Speed Block Plate- 69 GT350

Started by CSX4781, June 20, 2023, 08:49:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CSX4781

Can anyone out there tell me which block to  bellhousing plate is correct for a 69 GT350 with 4 speed- the perfectly smooth one or the one with the 'smile ' stamped in? My car was disassembled when I bought it and was missing that plate, and I ended up with both of these two, both for the 164 tooth flywheel (I wanted to post a photo but there is a problem attaching a photo for some reason)

Thanks,
Dave

J_Speegle

Here is the picture Dave wanted to post

Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

J_Speegle

Don't recall seeing the one with a "smile" used in 69. Only found one viewable picture of this area and that one didn't have it. 69 Boss 302 engine plates of the same year are smooth also.  As mentioned don't recall the date pattern but you might want to check that. Unlike most sheet metal panels the engine plates for a time included the year also. Just can't confirm that of 69 production at the moment.

69 Boss 302

69 351 Windsor. Only the area near the starter but if it had the depression as your picture shows I would think we could see it

Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

CSX4781

Jeff/Bob,
   Appreciate the responses (and the posting of my picture), my car is a pretty early 69, #362 built in early January. Sounds like I need to see if I can come up with a plate with the depression near the starter or else use the smooth plate as my plan B. Thanks Again!

Dave