News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Axle Tag Question

Started by nightmist67, June 27, 2023, 02:56:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nightmist67

Is it possible to have more than one axle tag installed, and if so, what information would be stamped specific to each tag?

Coralsnake

There should be just one tag for the axle
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

J_Speegle

As Pete responded one axle one - one ID tag

For what was specially stamped on the tag we would need to know more information and for the date that would be unknown if you don't have the original. A close guess is likely the best you can get for that based on when your car was completed at Dearborn
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

NukeGT

Maybe more specific descriptions are needed as there is a paper identification on the axle housing for the assembly and a metal identification on the differential sub assembly. "Tag" could possibly be applied to each one.

JohnB

Quote from: NukeGT on June 28, 2023, 11:43:09 AM
Maybe more specific descriptions are needed as there is a paper identification on the axle housing for the assembly and a metal identification on the differential sub assembly. "Tag" could possibly be applied to each one.

Thats right. There was a paper sticker from the Sterling plant, but most of the time you would only see where it was. The glue was not good and they usually fell of.

I have never seen a complete Sterling sticker.

shelbymann1970

Quote from: JohnB on June 28, 2023, 03:25:12 PM
Quote from: NukeGT on June 28, 2023, 11:43:09 AM

Thats right. There was a paper sticker from the Sterling plant, but most of the time you would only see where it was. The glue was not good and they usually fell of.

I have never seen a complete Sterling sticker.
A friend of mine spent his career at that Sterling Hts plant and retired about 15 years ago. He actually walked me right into the plant to have a millwright modify some brackets for a rotisserie he had. He actually had them make up a new driveshaft for his 69 CJ car. He tried getting one made up for me but didn't have any correct ends for mine at that time(stock all gone).
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)