News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

The future of the SAAC

Started by kjspeed, July 08, 2018, 09:49:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

427heaven

Silence says different things to different people. We as aimless sheep,minions,peanut gallery or any other designations we have been given are just looking for a little S O P ( standard operating procedure)we like to know which direction the ships headed and whos steering. Looking around and seeing more SHELBY related vehicles at our local cars and caffeine then a major show speaks volumes. The cars are still there just people don't want to bring them out, maybe a Q-A session asking what we would like to see?

TA22 (Gary Goeringer)

Keith, I understand and have recently reviewed many of his previous posts (on many topics).

I also understand the lack of information (and leadership) creates chaos.  And I regret the system and the information it contained is gone. But this Forum is not the center of the universe (although it seems it may be for some).  All this hand wringing and 'whoa is me' is not going to change it.

The Forum is an adjunct to SAAC.  It is not SAAC.  It never will be.  The core of this organization are the cars and the history that surrounds them.  Not the Forum.  Period.

If we could refocus our collective angst to that core (buy and read all three Registrys, for example), a significant portion of the topics discussed on the forum would disappear. 

shelbydoug

Quote from: TA22 (Gary Goeringer) on August 18, 2018, 09:39:58 AM
shelbydoug.......not sure how you translated that out of context statement as a resignation....but Rick has been acting only as Editor of The Shelby American for many years...why are you 'crying wolf' as to no 'official spokesperson' now?   Nothing has changed---seems you like to 'stir the pot'.

Stirring the pot gets results. Sitting around and sulking gets nothing. Kopec's absence here is very apparent. That's not my doing.

In fairness, it isn't just him, it's other "officials" as well. This place has become a ghost town. Personal discussions about "I don't care" fit into your statement.

You made it. I didn't. If I misinterpreted what you meant, then me bad, but it fits into what others close to the club are saying privately as well.

We also have a Board of Directors in abstencia as well.

IF I wanted to be negative and destructive, I'd make a statement like "everyone got what they wanted and left", but I'm not saying that, just that the echo here is disturbing.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

TA22 (Gary Goeringer)

shelbydoug......your influence is over estimated.

Kopec has nothing to be ashamed of, nor should he have to participate in this thread.

Your conclusions are reserved only for you.

The Forum is not SAAC.

shelbydoug

Quote from: TA22 (Gary Goeringer) on August 18, 2018, 11:10:26 AM

Kopec has nothing to be ashamed of, nor should he have to participate in this thread.

The Forum is not SAAC.

I have no influence. Never did. Who said he should be ashamed? I didn't. Don't put words in my mouth. If you want to pick it, pick it with someone else, not me. I not interested.

He is definitely the creator of SAAC. I think of him kindly, and as a Dr. Frankenstein of sorts.

He created something that can at times be a sort of a monster, out of his control and with a mind of its own. More then any ONE person, he brought Shelby back from the dead. Power of the pen.

Of course my opinions are mine and that IS what they are, my opinions. You have yours. Good for you.  ;)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Rodster-500

Quote from: TA22 (Gary Goeringer) on August 18, 2018, 11:10:26 AM

The Forum is not SAAC.

Maybe leadership can tell us what the forum is? 

Anxiously awaiting some official word.

If the forum is not SAAC, maybe it should be as it plays an important role in the club.

ramrace

Just curious, if the Forum is not SAAC why is it called the SAAC Forum?

TA22 (Gary Goeringer)

The Forum is an adjunct to SAAC.  It is not SAAC.  It is a tool--in the broad history of SAAC, a recently devised tool.  The core of SAAC are the cars and the history that surrounds them.

TA22 (Gary Goeringer)

shelbydoug......sorry if you got you feelings hurt and thought I was picking on you.  Seems to me you will carry on with your opinions and comments regardless.

kjspeed

Quote from: TA22 (Gary Goeringer) on August 17, 2018, 04:08:12 PM
I am wondering....how many participants in this thread have read the most recent 'The Shelby American" Spring 2018 magazine??  If you haven't, why ???  Are you a dues paying member of SAAC or just a SAAC Forum participant  ??  Up to this point, no one has quoted or referenced this thoughtful article.

The first article in 'The Mail SAAC' is germane to this thread's topic.  Pages 1-5 of the magazine.  The Op Ed piece is entitled 'Food for Thought'.  Although it does not answer many of the questions asked here, it does indicate at least Rick is aware of the need for a plan for the organizations future.  Although Rick is not any longer the official spokesman of the club, his bully pulpit is the magazine.  I believe this article was written to provide food for thought to the leadership of the club as well as the membership.

I sincerely hope each participant in this discussion will take the time to read this now....not wait until the magazine comes out next year in printed form...........time is not on our side.

Maybe the cover photo says more than the editorial? Welcome to the "club."
1968 Shelby GT350
1968 Mustang GT S-code
2009 Mustang Bullitt

shelbydoug

Quote from: TA22 (Gary Goeringer) on August 18, 2018, 11:46:52 AM
shelbydoug......sorry if you got you feelings hurt and thought I was picking on you.  Seems to me you will carry on with your opinions and comments regardless.

Me? Opinionated? Opinions of fact from being a fly on the wall? Hum?  ;)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

TA22 (Gary Goeringer)

shelbydoug....I am sure this statement will ring true for you.  "A fact is a statement that can be proven true or false. An opinion is an expression of a person's feelings that cannot be proven. Opinions can be based on facts or emotions and sometimes they are meant to deliberately mislead others. Therefore, it is important to be aware of the author's purpose and choice of language."

69mach351w

shelbydoug

Quote from: 69mach351w on August 18, 2018, 12:35:37 PM
Okay Doug......Your turn ::)

Sorry...I fell asleep! What did I miss?  :o
68 GT350 Lives Matter!