News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Adding zinc to a 66 G.T. 350H

Started by deathsled, July 01, 2023, 12:08:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL SAAC

What happened to Brad Penn oil ?

Who makes Amsoil ?

Best oil ?
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

FL SAAC

Quote from: trotrof1 on July 01, 2023, 12:51:09 PM
Just to summarize, Tony is a devout promoter of Chevrolet and Mobile 1. When he discloses his favorite prophylactic then we will have a trifecta trash file. Here it comes, watch for it.

My dear Trotorious you kinda sorta remind me of what Frank Zappa spoke about, "you know that guy that grew up boring because he listened to others, you deserve it" ..... lol !

And as for me I don't have a preference for Chevrolets and their world class two times Lemans winning sports car the refreshing C8 Stingray.

Nor do I receive royalties to endorse or promote Mobil 1 ( not as you wrote "Mobile as in Alabama" ) the best synthetic oil on the market, now being made by the ExxonMobil Corporation

I just love performance vehicles and the best synthetic oil ever made, both happen to be made by great American companies. 

Unfortunately "some oil retailers" don't extract, refine or even formulate the oil they sell.

The uniformed (sheeples) public think they are buying "BRAND ABC" and it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. 

When in reality they are buying something that Big Oil made for "BRAND ABC" .

"BRAND ABC" in turn repackage Big Oils product under their own private label "BRAND ABC" at sometimes a much higher price ( LMAO silly sheeples) than the Big Oils own product.

It's like a trick play in football, a razzle dazzle, end around or as the great Spike Lee would say "you have been bamboozled" or  "LAMONTIZED" to think you are purchasing a ( it's called marketing) much superior product in this case "BRAND ABCs OIL" at a elevated cost.

Is this a great country or what !

Today is a great day to be living in the USA , dont you think !

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

Quote from: trotrof1 on July 01, 2023, 12:51:09 PM
Just to summarize, Tony is a devout promoter of Chevrolet and Mobile 1. When he discloses his favorite prophylactic then we will have a trifecta trash file. Here it comes, watch for it.

Lastly concerning your question of "When he discloses his
favorite prophylactic".

We find that statement crude and certainly uncouth.  You certainly dont have to express that publicly, may we suggest asking your consort for that intimate information.

And as always we bid you a pleasant day!

"Here it comes, watch for it."

I have all UNGOLD cars

trotrof1

A bit slow on the retort, I was losing faith and somewhat hopeful.

FL SAAC

Quote from: trotrof1 on July 03, 2023, 05:02:54 PM
A bit slow on the retort, I was losing faith and somewhat hopeful.

And then he said....."Here it comes, watch for it."

Back to the topic :

Dont be a LAMONT dont buy any additives,  buy oil made by BIG OIL that has the additive in it already

Not the fancy expensive repackaged stuff with a private label on it

Thank you

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

Quote from: deathsled on July 01, 2023, 12:08:05 AM
I follow through on good advice.  Here it is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZyZUfRvsN4

It's funny that no one has mentioned the resemblance of the author / future movie star to a Paul Leonard Newman

I have all UNGOLD cars

deathsled

Quote from: FL SAAC on July 05, 2023, 09:37:52 AM
Quote from: deathsled on July 01, 2023, 12:08:05 AM
I follow through on good advice.  Here it is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZyZUfRvsN4

It's funny that no one has mentioned the resemblance of the author / future movie star to a Paul Leonard Newman
You are too funny. I do not have the chiseled jaw he had and I have neck fat that I hate and cannot get rid of. I could afford to lose a good 10 pounds and get more toned. Just and average guy here. My son is way better looking. He has a future. I do not.  Going to try and get him into film. Camera man,  director of photography, lighting and so on. Though woke Hollywood is a danger he is becoming aware of said danger as I educate him in increments.
He is landing here from Germany on July 12th. Here for a month I will be trapped between a 14 year old and a 95 year old. It's all good though. What can I say, I was rebuilding the German army in my younger rampage through Europe.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

cob4ra

I use Gibbs HR  hot rod oil with zinc https://drivenracingoil.com/c-1389462-shop-by-product-hot-rod-engine-oils.html   Then after its broken in I upgraded  to the high zinc at about 1500 ppm Amsoil synthetic Dominator. My idle changed up about 200 rpm in my 289 .
1966 Shelby GT350 Hertz 1680 ( previously 6s1842;6s1818)                                                  2000 Saleen S281 Speedster.                              Previously two sunbeam tigers and have owned 24 mustangs ; 4 Mercury Cyclones and one 1960 Fiat 600!

jk66gt350

Will never forget the 1st time I put Amsoil synthetic in my '72 351 Mach 1 in 1974.  Same result - idle speed increased about 200 rpm and the engine ran a little cooler according to what I saw on the temp guage.