News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

under dash wire harness 66 san jose

Started by papa scoops, July 05, 2023, 06:02:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

papa scoops

who has best quality? with wiper harness. 66 under dash with fuse block. proper ends and connectors

Coralsnake

Alloy Metal makes their products in the USA

I would imagine your other choice is a product marketed under the Scott Drake brand.
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

KR500

Quote from: Coralsnake on July 05, 2023, 06:09:19 PM

I would imagine your other choice is a product marketed under the Scott Drake brand.
I am installing one now ( Scott Drake ) on a 66 GT350. It was purchased 2-2 1/2 years ago so I don't know if anything has changed since then. Here is what I found so far. Brake light switch connector is crap, can't keep it on the the switch. All the instrument cluster light sockets are black plastic vs OE cad metal. Courtesy light sockets also not as OE. Connectors are close and generally acceptable but slightly different than the OE. Over all good, but many small differences. Unfortunately the original harness was butchered up and not usable or I would have used it. I have spent a lot of time switching light sockets and other items to make the Scott Drake one more like the OE.
Rodney Harrold,Ohio SAAC Rep,SAAC 68 Shelby Concourse Judge,68 GT500KR 02267

outlawincorporated

what about buying a NOS one??
ive always used for NOS wiring in any of my 66 restorations and have yet to have any issues

regards

PHILL BERESFORD.
MELBOURNE,
AUSTRALIA.

GT350Lad

Agree I just put a NOS one (box dated 84) in 6S1276 and it's fine

Cheers
6S373
6S1276

papa scoops

i agree with oem, wh has one? what are the varients? wiper? san jose? feb. 66 v8, stick,

Coralsnake

Another consideration should be price...you are going to pay 3x or 4x for an OEM harness.

papa scoops

price no object, but must be exact, assembly line, not service replacement. having checked tomorrow, thanks though, and, yep i got a 68 350 also, had for 50 years now, black/ black. and yes, i knew gary campbell. got him started in shelbys. sorry.

Coralsnake

Ford built thousands even hundred of thousands of cars per year. Every harness was not the same. Its unlikely you will find a replacement identical to the production used harness. You might get close...

FL SAAC

Quote from: papa scoops on July 06, 2023, 07:08:03 PM
price no object, but must be exact, assembly line, not service replacement. having checked tomorrow, thanks though, and, yep i got a 68 350 also, had for 50 years now, black/ black. and yes, i knew gary campbell. got him started in shelbys. sorry.

Try to get original FOMOCO
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

NC TRACKRAT

I think that finding a NOS harness in this day and age will be daunting and, if found, extremely expensive.  FWIW, when I restored 6S1487, I used an ALLOY METAL harness and, other than the aggrevation of installing it, I was very pleased with the quality and, most importantly, all circuits worked the first time!
5S071, 6S1467

Bob Gaines

I typically can clean up and reuse original used harness's . They can be made to look like new. Of course I know this is not the easy answer for everyone especially considering shop time if you have to have it done by someone else however it is a alternative.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

outlawincorporated

S7MS427

Quote from: Coralsnake on July 05, 2023, 06:09:19 PM

+1 on the Alloy Metal harness. The wires are the correct size, length, and color. And the connectors are also correct. Function is very good. Quality is second to none. It is best to avoid any and all harnesses made off shore. I have personally use their products and am quite pleased.
Roy Simkins
http://www.s-techent.com/Shelby.htm
1966 G.T.350H SFM6S817
1967 G.T.500 67400F7A03040