News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

9F02R480151 on BAT

Started by 5s386, July 09, 2023, 08:13:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shelbymann1970

appears to be a solid #3-4 driver missing some parts. Some incorrect parts on it. I wonder if it is an original red car. Curious no Marti or pic of the door data tag that appears to be not on the door in one pic but hard to tell.  I'll have to look in my new registry tonight. The seller should have gotten at least a basic Marti or have the original door tag present. Also why no antenna hole? The bottom of both quarters appear to have the patina of originals.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

Coralsnake

I would look at the trunk drop and the inner quarter on that side. I think you will see some "clues"

Missing a good number of parts after first review....the word "cobbled" comes to mind, I like the comment by the guy who thinks a $300,000 car.

As they say on Bat GLWTA
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

shelbymann1970

Quote from: Coralsnake on July 10, 2023, 08:20:03 AM
I would look at the trunk drop and the inner quarter on that side. I think you will see some "clues"

Missing a good number of parts after first review....the word "cobbled" comes to mind, I like the comment by the guy who thinks a $300,000 car.

As they say on Bat GLWTA
looks like they have something like dyna mat sound mats on the DS quarter. First I thought Fiberglass but you look at the DS trunk drop off it appears original to me as well as the lower quarter. The pass side drop off appears to have a piece of metal welded into it. Yeah, Pete, I almost answered that guy with the 300K comment and he tags so many non Shelby guys. WTH?  :o Also the shock tower to cowl braces are not correct-they are SB non reinforced braces. Like I said a 3-4 car closer to a 4. I wonder why no antenna hole also.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

Bill

Quote from: shelbymann1970 on July 10, 2023, 07:49:35 AM
appears to be a solid #3-4 driver missing some parts. Some incorrect parts on it. I wonder if it is an original red car. Curious no Marti or pic of the door data tag that appears to be not on the door in one pic but hard to tell.  I'll have to look in my new registry tonight. The seller should have gotten at least a basic Marti or have the original door tag present. Also why no antenna hole? The bottom of both quarters appear to have the patina of originals.

Nice entry level Shelby, picture 77, 97, 99, 100, are a concern of what lies beneath the shiny red paint.

Bill
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

Coralsnake

At least we have the numbers 😂
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

shelbymann1970

This is one of those cars that I wouldn't know what to do with. How far do you go? Stripping it it might end up be one of those horror episodes of Graveyard Carz when it comes back from the dipper... It does appear to have it's original floors and other parts that are the first to go. I don't like to even mention prices but before Covid this might have been a 60-70K car at best. Look at some of the pics as there are swirls in it.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

Mikelj5S230

Way too much work and things to fix, pass.
Formerly known as CorvetteMike.