News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Johnny Bolton Ford

Started by Coralsnake, July 11, 2023, 05:49:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coralsnake

I'm going to have a great article on Johnny Bolton Ford. If you have anything to contribute, please drop me a note. All years welcome.

Strangely enough this will be article #51. I can explain why that number is important later!

Coralsnake68@hotmail.com
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

pbf777

Well, sort of; but it's still sort of relevant for this site, maybe?

I think it was perhaps 1977-78 the dealership had transferred ownership from the Johnny Bolton family (this post the P-51 plane crash) to Don Reid, and shorty thereafter Mr. Don Reid had his personal (or so we were told) 1970 white w/ blue stripes (I'm pretty sure that I remember the black hood additions making it "officially" a '70?  :-\ ) Shelby GT350 out on the front row of the used car lot for sale.  I stopped with my brother, we looked it over, made an offer of something less than that being asked, the salesman went to ask Mr Reid if it was acceptable, returning shorty only to state that he wouldn't take it.  And so off we went.  It remained on the lot for some time before finally disappearing.  :)

O.K., not much of a story but it's all I got; well except that our '67 Fairlane "R" code, when new, came from Johnny's place.   8)

Scott. 

Special Ed

My 70 CC gt500 drag pack 4 speed vert came from bolton.

stephen_becker

I was born and raised in Winter Park, Florida and my dad bought a brand new special order 1972 Mustang Coupe from Johnny Bolton himself as he was a patient of my dads (dentist) Johnny had a brother who owned a Ford store in south Florida who was Luke Bolton Ford and he was a huge Shelby dealership - He exported allot of these cars as well. I have bought and sold allot of cars from both dealerships over the decades. Look forward to reading the article Coralsnake  8)

Coralsnake

Thank you Mr Becker

If you have any old photos it would be appreciated even Mustangs 😉

I thought Luke Bolton might be a brother but wasnt sure

George Schalk

I used to own a 68 GT500KR that was originally sold through Johnny Bolton Ford.  The car had all of its original manuals and window sticker.  It was car #02503.

Coralsnake

6s341

Very cool  Coralsnake.  Our 68, coincidentally, #851, came from there originally.  I look forward to the article, and will check my file in a few days to see if I have anything in there of interest.

Cheers! 8)

Coralsnake

QuickSilverShelby

My car, #1394, is from Johnny Bolton Ford.  I've got a couple of the dealer emblems I'll try and post a picture of this weekend.

QSS
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

6s341

#851 At the Cleveland Auto Show 4.5 years ago...

6s341

6s341

GT500..."Tilt Wheel for sure"...

6s341

A/C doesn't cool...pretty much still true!

QuickSilverShelby

Here's some of the Johnny Bolton Ford pictures that pertain to my car.  Hopefully you all can view them.

QSS
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.