News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

How to Dispose of Oil per Popular Science

Started by FL SAAC, July 13, 2023, 11:41:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

trotrof1

I use a similar tactic. I battle them pesky moles with stale 2 stroke boat fuel. They think its icky.

Don Johnston

Quote from: FL SAAC on July 13, 2023, 11:41:55 AM
Read on, read on !

Put it back in the ground.  Wow, like that's recycling, man. 8)

FL SAAC

We have a friend that plants oil trees....pretty successful chap

I have all UNGOLD cars

Side-Oilers

Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

Kent

That's really not the best idea if you have kids or vegetables in the garden. I know some people in Germany run diesel heater for their shops where they put in the old oil. Also the very first mercedes Diesel engines will run on a mix of diesel and oil.
SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jet´s and some nice Mustang Fastback´s 67/68

FL SAAC

You know Popular Science concepts maybe correct.

"Everyone" knows the "Earth" is flat.

Hence you put the oil in the ground.

The oil then drops through the soil.

The oil then drops to the very bottom of earth.

Once at the bottom of earth, it ultimately goes into space.

Once in space it is harmlessly suspended for eternity and does not contaminate anything.....makes sense

I verified this with my buddy Frank Zappa

I have all UNGOLD cars

pbf777

Quote from: FL SAAC on July 13, 2023, 03:45:12 PM
....pretty successful chap

Though it probably isn't really of any great environmental impact, that on an individual basis, you probably really don't want to know what he is actually burying!     ::)

Scott.

Don Johnston

Quote from: FL SAAC on July 14, 2023, 07:30:00 AM
You know Popular Science concepts maybe correct.

"Everyone" knows the "Earth" is flat.

Hence you put the oil in the ground.

The oil then drops through the soil.

The oil then drops to the very bottom of earth.

Once at the bottom of earth, it ultimately goes into space.

Once in space it is harmlessly suspended for eternity and does not contaminate anything.....makes sense

I verified this with my buddy Frank Zappa
I don't remember my late cousin Frank saying that, but he might have. 8)

pbf777

My Grandfather (I helped "some"!  ::) ) erected a six foot high, hog wire fence, around his 5 acres with railroad ties sunk in concrete, and would take the drained oil and pour it on the top of the ties to slow water intrusion and rot.   :)

Scott.

rhjanes

All in good fun.  I used to be creative with oil disposal.  But I also grew up on military bases and my wife worked at a major corporation machine shop site.  Which had had "spills" since the late 1950's.   When they sold the property, about a foot or two of soil had to be scraped down while being watered, trucked out to a toxic disposal site.  Many military bases have similar issues.  The USAF used to flare off the contaminated fuels but heavier stuff.......
Pirating!  Corporate take-over without the paperwork

Don Johnston

My father had a 300 acre orange grove ranch in southern California in the '50s and '60s.  The roads were decomposed granite(DG) sprayed with used oil to keep the dust down.  The oil would sit on the road for a couple of days before vehicles used it.  After a few weeks of use it was almost like a paved road.   It was very common proceedure on the farms until it became a banned practice. 8)

rhjanes

Quote from: Don Johnston on July 14, 2023, 09:35:39 PM
My father had a 300 acre orange grove ranch in southern California in the '50s and '60s.  The roads were decomposed granite(DG) sprayed with used oil to keep the dust down.  The oil would sit on the road for a couple of days before vehicles used it.  After a few weeks of use it was almost like a paved road.   It was very common proceedure on the farms until it became a banned practice. 8)
yep!
They still used tar in some places to hold together aggregate.  We are currently visiting a family vacation place.  The people out here pay to have the state and county highway department to bring over their ground off asphalt (when they are redoing roads) and lay it down on the 1.5 mile of private road.  The cars driving on it then pack it down.  The county/state is HAPPY to get rid of the old stuff. 
I do a lot of hiking and a sport out in forest.  You find all sorts of old house stuff and farm stuff down in ravines.  There is one scout ranch, there's an old 1940's car down in one.  Lots of old water heaters, I mean OLD, old animal tanks and such. 
Pirating!  Corporate take-over without the paperwork