News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

a great gathering

Started by Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas, July 15, 2023, 10:03:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

at the end of SAAC 48 somebody had the neat idea to gather the Hertz cars together
Made for a great picture
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

Wedgeman

No other Hertz cars other than  Black were in attendance at SAAC 48 ?

One of the 66's was green/gold and zip saw only one other, a red/gold on Thursday for a brief second. No other colors
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

there were about 10 cars in the picture, saw several other Hertz cars but some had left and others couldn't find the owners
There were about 120 + registered for the Popular Car Show
one of the larger amount of earlier cars (65-70) that I've seen recently
Seeing and talking to Peter Brock was treat, he also signed everything put in front of him by people. Chuck Cantwell was being driven around in a golf cart by his son and daughter. A big surprise to many was Arron Shelby walking around handing out 100 Year Centennial Carroll Shelby Pins, what a great guy. Howard Pardee was running the track program and I heard great things about that. Tons of Shelby cars were there, Gary Patterson was spotted running around. The weather was warn but not oppressively hot and no rain. At the merchandise tent Jay Talbot and his team on minions had all kinds of neat stuff for sale. If you ever needed some literature, registries, old Shelby American's, shirts, hats, posters, etc. they had it all at bargain prices. They was gathering of the Hawaiian Shirt wearers

Also, apologies to folks who said "Hello" and I didn't recognize you, I am terrible with names. I guess that part of getting old

Corey Bowcutt

Sounds and looks awesome.  I so wish I could have been there!

Corey

Cobrask8

No doubt this was the best convention we have had in many years. We as staff worked very hard to make sure the big public pieces worked smooth, and everyone attending had fun. I was on open track staff, with Howard and Scott, grid was perfect, everybody got on track smoothly and on time. I also helped with the car show, it also was one of our better ones in recent history. All weekend I saw HAPPY attendees, friendships re-set, great cars, the way a convention is supposed to be.

Yes, always a few bumps in the road behind the scenes (Indy was a giant pothole), but the entire SAAC staff made it work.

VIPS were amazing, the most I remember in many years.

Great host hotel.

My kudos to everyone who worked on the convention staff and especially to all the volunteers who killed themselves to make this convention one to remember.

Dan Reiter

linderpat

Thanks folks - this was my first one, and it was fantastic! I did the Friday track sessions and Saturday car show, plus Thursday evening garage party (what a collection!) and the Friday banquet and heard the great Peter Brock speak. Hats off to all of the volunteers who made this a very special event!

Coralsnake

It was a good convention!

A good showing and a fun time

Nice to see everyone!
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

daltondavid

Ive been away from the scene for some time and it was nice to see so many old friends. Here is a picture of my son Dalton Winkler with Jeff Burgy the SAAC Ford GT registrar.
Founding father of SAACFORUM.COM

68stangcjfb

I was going to bring our 68 1/2 Mustang Cobra Jet but the pickup trucks overdrive failed so we drove our 68 Torino four-door the 430 mile trip there. Lots of nice cars there and good people. And hearing Pete Brock speak about his time at Shelby American at the Friday night dinner was a privilege. And getting to drive five Laps on the parade lap Friday was a nice surprise.
68 1/2 CJ Mustang GT FB auto 3.91s 68 1/2 CJ Torino GT FB 3.91s 60 Thunderbird 64 Falcon Sprint conv. 4Spd 65 Falcon Sedan Delivery 67 Fairlane 500 SW 428 4Spd, 68 Torino 4dr 95 Thunderbird SC. 89 F250 Supercab 2wd, 98 Mustang conv. 99 Jeep Cherokee 2002 Thunderbird. 96 Harley FLSTN Heritage Special

daltondavid

My son and I drove my Quicksilver 05 Ford GT to the event from our home that was about 375 mikes from the track and home as well. He had it out for parade laps and we definitely saw you and the Torino. We even put the car in the show with Brake dustbon the wheels and dead bugs everywhere! We may not have won a trophy but Camilo Pardo sure lit up when he saw the car!
Founding father of SAACFORUM.COM

Quote from: 68stangcjfb on July 16, 2023, 07:39:19 PM
I was going to bring our 68 1/2 Mustang Cobra Jet but the pickup trucks overdrive failed so we drove our 68 Torino four-door the 430 mile trip there. Lots of nice cars there and good people. And hearing Pete Brock speak about his time at Shelby American at the Friday night dinner was a privilege. And getting to drive five Laps on the parade lap Friday was a nice surprise.

The Torino was awesome, loved the color and cloth interior. Bought back a lot of memories of working in the dealer back then. ( has it really been 55 years? ONG, I'm getting old)

FL SAAC

Quote from: Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas on July 15, 2023, 10:03:07 PM
at the end of SAAC 48 somebody had the neat idea to gather the Hertz cars together
Made for a great picture

What great pictures

Congratulations  !
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

silverton_ford

What a great weekend! 

Thank you to everyone at SAAC, Team Shelby and Pittsburgh Grand Prix that was involved in making the event a success.  THANK YOU!   These type of events are not easy to organize and put on. It shows how great a job that was done by seeing so many happy people.

It was great to see so many friends and meet a lot of new friends.  Just a great event in every aspect of the weekend.

I had so much fun!  I can't wait to do it again next year!

THANK YOU!