News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

1968 KR 4sp Rear Shock, orange marking. Paint color suggestions

Started by Craner, July 19, 2023, 07:15:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craner

Looking for suggestions for the orange color to match the original factory markings. 
I do have a good reference for the placement and size of the paint daub.
The orange coloring on my old rusty shock looked almost like a 60's Chevy Engine.
It's awkward to think i'd used that color ... :-)

I just got my shocks back from a complete rebuild, and l'd like to add the factory ID orange paint marking to complete updates.

Thank you
Fran

shelbydoug

Well the secret really is to use Chevy engine orange. That reddish color is for later shocks.

I'm sure that someone can eventually run up to your car with an actual paint chip and scream fraud but no one will really care all that much that the color is off just a little. Blame it on Koni production batch variations. Works for me.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

68blk500c

Photo of original KR 4-speed rear shocks for your reference.  Hopefully this helps.
Don

68stangcjfb

The color on the shocks pictured looks more like Chrysler orange.
68 1/2 CJ Mustang GT FB auto 3.91s 68 1/2 CJ Torino GT FB 3.91s 60 Thunderbird 64 Falcon Sprint conv. 4Spd 65 Falcon Sedan Delivery 67 Fairlane 500 SW 428 4Spd, 68 Torino 4dr 95 Thunderbird SC. 89 F250 Supercab 2wd, 98 Mustang conv. 99 Jeep Cherokee 2002 Thunderbird. 96 Harley FLSTN Heritage Special

Coralsnake

The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

Bob Gaines

My guess is that the Shelby front shocks overall color (Ford engine blue) was identification enough compared to the typical black color of the regular Mustang shocks which needed color markings to indicate application.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

shelbydoug

Quote from: 68stangcjfb on July 20, 2023, 01:15:11 PM
The color on the shocks pictured looks more like Chrysler orange.

You can't judge the color on a computer screen. Those dabs on mine actually look red.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

68blk500c