News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

The true story of the 4th from the last 1965 gt350 sn 5S558

Started by mr5oa, July 21, 2023, 09:05:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill

Quote from: mr5oa on July 25, 2023, 11:51:15 AM
So I posed your message to me for all to see what a nice guy you are!

I'm not taking sides here, but one rule you learn along the way is that private messages remain private, you simply do not post them out in the open without the original senders permission. This is a hard and fast rule for every public forum I belong to, since the 1990's when the internet was in it's infancy.

With that said, you really only get one chance to make a first impression, keep that in mind while you teeter on the edge of whatever story you wanted to tell, or still want to eventually tell. My advice, take a step back, a deep breath, and don't judge the group as a whole by what some members put into print.

Again, I'm not taking sides here, so, if you want to tell "your story", tell it, if not, then you need to ask yourself "why am I still here"?

Wish you well.

Bill
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

98SVT - was 06GT

This just in - FLSAAC has decided to take mr5oa fishing and either get the story or lose him overboard.
Tony has a problem with the same guy mr5oa has - seems when Tony was a kid the same guy talked his dad out of the boat trailer tires and life hasn't been the same for him since.......
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

Coralsnake

History of 5S558: Information from Internet:

Originally sent to Warren Anderson Ford in Riverside, California.

Purchased by original owner, Lloyd Asbury, California 11/65.

Parked in the 1970s and stored outside for some time, unrestored.

Purchased in 2000 by Craig C. Reportedly for $100,000.

Original owner retired to Mexico.

Sold to Chad.

Sold to race car driver, Bobby Rahal.

Appeared SAAC-39 / Road America Elkhart Lake, WI

Reportedly underwent a "six digit restoration" by Don Hoevel, IL.

In Scotland 2015 ?

Appeared at 2015 Pebble Beach Concours, placing third behind two other prototype Shelbys.

For sale in 2016 for $425,000
in San Diego at Grand Prix Classics

For sale in 2018 for $595,000

Please let me know if anything is inaccurate.

The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

mr5oa

Quote from: CharlesTurner on July 23, 2023, 01:17:41 AM
Quote from: mr5oa on July 23, 2023, 12:33:30 AM
Is 5S558 not known to be 4th from the last, it has been told to me and has been referred to it by more acknowledgeable than me of it being so. you appear to be right! shit, no one wants
to hear about the 14th from the last...... I feel better already ty but what about > http://1965gt350mustang.com/numbers.html

It's the 4th from the last of the '65 run of 562.  Just pointing out the cars were not necessarily built in sequential order.  So, 4th from the last '65 SFM number but 8th from the last completed.  Doesn't amount to anything, but it's interesting to us numbers guys.  :-)
Thank you for your input>  V
I do models

mr5oa

Quote from: Chad on July 23, 2023, 01:44:42 AM
I purchased the car from Craig.  No idea how he found out about the car.
Thank you for your input, I will have to take your word on that. V
Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on July 25, 2023, 05:05:38 PM
This just in - FLSAAC has decided to take mr5oa fishing and either get the story or lose him overboard.
Tony has a problem with the same guy mr5oa has - seems when Tony was a kid the same guy talked his dad out of the boat trailer tires and life hasn't been the same for him since.......
Quote from: Coralsnake on July 25, 2023, 05:18:53 PM
History of 5S558: Information from Internet:

Originally sent to Warren Anderson Ford in Riverside, California.

Purchased by original owner, Lloyd Asbury, California 11/65.

Parked in the 1970s and stored outside for some time, unrestored.

Purchased in 2000 by Craig C. Reportedly for $100,000.

Original owner retired to Mexico.

Sold to Chad.

Sold to race car driver, Bobby Rahal.

Appeared SAAC-39 / Road America Elkhart Lake, WI

Reportedly underwent a "six digit restoration" by Don Hoevel, IL.

In Scotland 2015 ?

Appeared at 2015 Pebble Beach Concours, placing third behind two other prototype Shelbys.

For sale in 2016 for $425,000
in San Diego at Grand Prix Classics

For sale in 2018 for $595,000

Please let me know if anything is inaccurate.

Chad why would you change the story? It really implies you know more than what you have stated about not knowing where Craig got the car. Are you trying to cover for your buddy Craig. I have nothing to lose or gain. Now both you and Craig have tried to gaslight me!  99 truths and 1 lie don't make the story true>quote from Motor Trend>   Chad Odum, had acquired the car after it had sat beside the original owner's garage in Riverside, California, for over 30 years. end of quote<< My dad never lived in Riverside and I never live there as well, Where was the car picked up from, I will give you a hint> the off the property of the little guy in the picture that owned and in possession of the car for over 20 years when taken.You know I told someone this story and they told me if he won the lottery that they would buy the car back and give it to me, I told him thanks but no amount of money can bring back a one-owner GT350 and it still be that a one owner, it won't bring back my brother that committed suicide or my mother that passed from cancer that was the conservator of my mentally unstable brother or heal her grief caused by this hole ordeal that lived with me tell the day she passed. go ahead blow me off, IDC https://www.motortrend.com/features/1401-1965-ford-mustang-shelby-gt-350-a-racers-racer/
I do models

Coralsnake

I'm going to end my participation in this conversation by saying one thing: I am truly sorry those events happened in your life.
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

mr5oa

Do you not think an apology is warranted by your cruel and possibly naive comments made about my character and financial means? That you really have no idea about? I am retired now and I should be working on my one-owner Shelby GT 350 with my son Craig Asbury, which no amount of money can replace! The car was worth more than money can buy to me! That may be hard for you to understand. As bad as the car was it would have been ten times worse if not for the amount of effort I put into it.  Who is to blame? I am for accepting the responsibility of housing my family because I had the means to do so. Forgive me too for I too can be an asshole! this is not the story I wanted to tell!
I do models

FL SAAC

Quote from: mr5oa on July 26, 2023, 07:45:47 AM
Do you not think an apology is warranted by your cruel and possibly naive comments made about my character and financial means? That you really have no idea about? I am retired now and I should be working on my one-owner Shelby GT 350 with my son Craig Asbury, which no amount of money can replace! The car was worth more than money can buy to me! That may be hard for you to understand. As bad as the car was it would have been ten times worse if not for the amount of effort I put into it.  Who is to blame? I am for accepting the responsibility of housing my family because I had the means to do so. Forgive me too for I too can be an asshole! this is not the story I wanted to tell!

A few of us wanted to hear your story, but a few of them ruined it for the rest of us.

At this point I would say no more and take my story away from here.

Dont share it, it will be everyone's great loss.  Dont give them the satisfaction.

Gota go the lobsters are patiently awaiting our visits

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

mr5oa

Quote from: FL SAAC on July 26, 2023, 08:05:47 AM

Nope

That is not true

Dont know "mr5oa" but I kind of side with him why would I share my story with people who really dont care and are only interested in dissecting everything they hear or see ?

You see these people "are beyond perfect"  they have "no sins"

Well got to go preparing the special rods,  reels and special lobster bait for the lobster hooks......this "one" for you......we gone  !
Thanks FL SAAC you are a good man, good luck with your hunt, even though I am not a fan of the Pancrustacea creature you desire, be safe!  V
I do models

69 GT350 Vert

Wow, what a sad story. 

There are several dots not connected, however. 

Was the owner of the car of sound mind when he sold it to Craig? 

Was the car ever stored in Riverside?

There may be 100 valid reasons why the owner didn't want the car to stay in the family. 

mr5oa

Quote from: Bill on July 25, 2023, 04:12:12 PM
Quote from: mr5oa on July 25, 2023, 11:51:15 AM
So I posed your message to me for all to see what a nice guy you are!

I'm not taking sides here, but one rule you learn along the way is that private messages remain private, you simply do not post them out in the open without the original senders permission. This is a hard and fast rule for every public forum I belong to, since the 1990's when the internet was in it's infancy.

With that said, you really only get one chance to make a first impression, keep that in mind while you teeter on the edge of whatever story you wanted to tell, or still want to eventually tell. My advice, take a step back, a deep breath, and don't judge the group as a whole by what some members put into print.

Again, I'm not taking sides here, so, if you want to tell "your story", tell it, if not, then you need to ask yourself "why am I still here"?

Wish you well.

Bill
Quote from: 69 GT350 Vert on July 26, 2023, 09:14:33 AM
Wow, what a sad story. 

There are several dots not connected, however. 

Was the owner of the car of sound mind when he sold it to Craig? 

Was the car ever stored in Riverside?

There may be 100 valid reasons why the owner didn't want the car to stay in the family.
That's the thing I was the owner, my dad gave the car to me and it was my possession at that time it was sold 20 years before, I had stored in my garage for 5 years with my first wife another 5 years in a garage in HB , another 5 years in Costa Mesa on Joann st, I trailered and stored in Paradise Ca.for maybe 8 years in my buddy's closed auto shop. I met my soon to be ex-wife thru his girlfriend her sister when I vacationed up there. I pulled it back from there because I thought he was thinking of taking possession for himself, he being what I call stupid rich/ his grandfather bought the first ups trucks to start that Co, The car was sold without my permission off my property when I was at work when I came home my dad brother and the car was gone! I never spoke to my dad tell just recently when by chance the son of the cousin of his new wife found me on FB. My brother came back two weeks after to get his stuff and if it were not for the door a baseball bat and my mother, I would be in prison because I would have killed him, I could have got the car back but my mother pleaded with me to just let it go. For her happiness for not having him around it was money well lost. About $2500 renting trailers and stuff moving it around not to mention the lost rent from dad and brother! The car never stayed in Riverside for any length of time, not sure where that story came from. I never was a big fan of Bobby Rahal not like he was bad we just called him mr 2ed Place because he was so conservative and seem to settle for 2ed. BTW Bobby I never recall the pipes dumping in front of the back wheels! thanks for your concern 69 GT350 Vert.     V
I do models