News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

The true story of the 4th from the last 1965 gt350 sn 5S558

Started by mr5oa, July 21, 2023, 09:05:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chad

I purchased the car from Craig.  No idea how he found out about the car.

Kent

I think it sounds like the kid in the pictures is missing the car from his family that they owned years ago. Am I right? Were you able to buy it back and someone ripped it out of your hands? Tell us the story. I also can tell you similar stories but at the end of the day I'm lucky to be healthy and having my kids and my wife around me and yes these cars are amazing and I really love them but they are just cars.

But a lot of people making money with these and that's it, they don't care about our stories or that we are maybe the better caretakers for these cars they only care about the highest price. Maybe wait for another 10 years and it will come back to you, who knows how it end. A lot of people own cars like these just to make a profit but when the economy hit hard the prices will drop really fast and there is a chance to buy.

And yes I learned from all these posts that I will never sell some of my cars and I´m a dealer. I had some really crazy offers for my GT500 67 but I never will sell this one as my kids will be the next caretakers for it. They really love cars and they love the old ones not the new plastic crap.
SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jet´s and some nice Mustang Fastback´s 67/68

GT350Lad

Registry entry is pretty standard. Fill in the gaps for us. We are left in suspense here
6S373
6S1276

Coralsnake

I think everyone likes to hear car stories, but this sounds weird. Prove me wrong...

The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

Bill

Quote from: mr5oa on July 22, 2023, 07:33:03 AM
It is not an easy story for me to tell, in fact, it's heartbreaking and embarrassing. It's brought hate into my life, a word I don't even like to have in my vocabulary. And for Craig or maybe Chad that thinks it was a good idea to buy this car with no interest in it other than to flip it for profit. this person thinks he saved a car, but what he does not know, he participated in the theft of my childhood dream and turn it into a nightmare. Are you sure you want to know this story? Because it's not a story about a GT350. It's the story of that little kid you see in that picture. V

Having grown up with Ford Mustang convertibles coming and going while I was too young to drive (legally  ;) ), I'd like to hear/read the story, if you don't want to post it publically, send it to me via the private message system here.

Bill
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

68blk500c

trotrof1

Are you the little guy front and center in the photo?

Coralsnake

Ok, I promise I wont post on your thread anymore....let her rip.... ;)
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

Dkutz

Vic, it's a sad story.  Growing up loving your family, and dreaming of a day when the Shelby would be back on the road, the way it all ended up is sad.  Just know that it is family health and happiness that matters.  Love your kids and keep your head up.

Btw, this forum can be a great place for info, but can also be brutal at times (poor Hoovie).  So if you post the full story be prepared for the replies you get.

Devo

98SVT - was 06GT

Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

Kent

I don't understand why you think everybody here is against you please read the posts and you will see that a lot of people here want to hear your story. I know some of the people here and I think they are old and wise enough that you can post your story here. Believe me you will find people here that share your opinions and also some that will not but that's ok.
SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jet´s and some nice Mustang Fastback´s 67/68

shelbydoug

I'm still trying to understand the point of the entire post? What is this all about?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Lincoln tech

Quote from: shelbydoug on July 24, 2023, 07:35:20 AM
I'm still trying to understand the point of the entire post? What is this all about?
Me too , tell the story or get off the pot .

69 GT350 Vert

Quote from: shelbydoug on July 24, 2023, 07:35:20 AM

I think it's the story about a Hanging Chad.  :D

Im guessing it is about a Shelby that got away from someone with a strong history and attachment to the car.  That happened to me with a 69 convertible gt350 I first saw in 1979.  I posted a wanted ad for a dash pad in the Pittsburgh press.  A respondent said I have one, but you have to remove it from the car.  Low and behold, it is in Shelby number 99, and the owner was installing factory ac.  I was 15 and putting a tach dash and cluster in my 70 Mach 1.  I had never seen a Shelby before, but I was hooked after seeing a red on white convertible. 

I tried to buy the car over the next 30 years but without success.  Finally, I am at a Boy Scouts popcorn function and a guy is talking about a red Shelby convertible recently sold.  I get the contact info and spend 2 years trying to buy it from a dealer near Pittsburgh.  I offered up to 130k for the car that was disassembled and had a replacement fender apron. I didn't care that I was paying above market. I acted as an advisor on the shops restoration of the car, and it was judged at saac34 beaver run.  They kept raising the price and it seemed like they were trying to gouge me because of my attachment.

I decided to look for another Shelby convertible.  A week later, my car #100, shows up on eBay.  That's right, 1 number off from my holy grail car.  Bret went out to Vegas and wrangled the car for me.
My car turned out to be a rust free California black plate car with original drivetrain that matched.  And as an added bonus, it was $40k less, and didn't need putting together.