News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

1970 Shelby Hood Found on Side of Road

Started by SFM6S087, July 27, 2023, 12:34:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SFM6S087

A friend who is not on the forum asked me to post this. He found a 1970 Shelby hood on the side of the road. He will give the hood to the rightful owner. If you can identify the hood (color, condition, etc.) and roughly where it was lost, it's yours. Please contact me if you're the owner and I'll put you in touch with my friend. An email will work best as I rarely think about checking for PMs here on the forum. You can find my email address in my member profile.

Steve Sloan

CompRed70scj

That's my hood. We lost it transporting my 70 SCJ from AR to NC. Flew off outside Nashville.

Jiffy

Quote from: SFM6S087 on July 27, 2023, 12:34:59 PM
A friend who is not on the forum asked me to post this. He found a 1970 Shelby hood on the side of the road. He will give the hood to the rightful owner. If you can identify the hood (color, condition, etc.) and roughly where it was lost, it's yours.
Steve Sloan

Thats pretty damn good.

gt350shelb

Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

427heaven

Thats the greatest CHRISTMAS STORY ever told if thats the story!!!!!

Special Ed

Yeah the guy showed up  at our show with a photo of the hood he found along the road off that car and whats the chances of that?

gt350shelb

Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

hertzdonut

I heard the owner of the hood didn't call him back.
I don't understand the thought process if that's true.

CompRed70scj

Hi all, I don't regularly check this forum, but wanted to give an update. The hood is back with my car! Steve Sloan put me in touch with Jerry Oldridge, also a fellow Shelby owner who had found the hood while getting lunch. We connected just a few hours after the hood came off, which is amazing. After scratching our heads for a while on how to get the hood to North Carolina from Arkansas where it was found, we got lucky and one of Jerry's friends was coming close to Charlotte on his way back home to Wilmington, NC. I met him along the route, and transported it inside this time! The hood's definitely repairable, and kind of needed a new bottom frame anyway from some prior damage up at the part number. Next step is to get that done, I'm hoping to take it to Dave Topper when I go to Carlisle this year.

gt350shelb

That is fantastic news , this is why  the saac  members are the best .

shelbydoug

I found a Mustang fastback rear seat just sitting along the road in the middle of nowhere. Deluxe fabric too.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

CompRed70scj

Quote from: hertzdonut on December 10, 2023, 04:57:46 AM
I heard the owner of the hood didn't call him back.
I don't understand the thought process if that's true.

Not sure where you heard that from, I've been in contact with Jerry since just after he found it. Just had to work out the logistics of getting it ~760 miles to my house. I checked in with him every few weeks until we got lucky and the hood hitched a ride east.

hertzdonut