News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

New member from Southern CA

Started by SGT.SNAKE, July 28, 2023, 09:43:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGT.SNAKE

Hey everyone, just wanted to introduce myself. Found this forum thanks to some guys over on VMF. I recently purchased my first mustang. A 68 289 AT. Haven't been able to fire it up yet but I soon I hope. Attached are pictures from the listing when I found her. My eldest daughter has named her "Penny."

- Joel

Chad

Congrats!  I still remember my first mustang. What a feeling!

FL SAAC

Welcome aboard and enjoy the ride !
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

SGT.SNAKE

Quote from: Chad on July 29, 2023, 05:17:27 AM
Congrats!  I still remember my first mustang. What a feeling!

Thanks Chad. I can't wait to get it on he road.

Quote from: FL SAAC on July 29, 2023, 08:12:52 AM
Welcome aboard and enjoy the ride !

Looking forward to it! Thanks! Waiting on some components to fire this baby up finger crossed.

TA Coupe

If the engine hasn't been started in a long time then pull the distributor and pre oil the engine. Here's a good article on how to go about starting an engine that has been sitting for a long time:

https://www.hagerty.com/media/maintenance-and-tech/dont-cold-start-a-long-dead-car/

Roy
If it starts it's streetable.
Overkill is just enough.

SGT.SNAKE

She hasn't been driven since 2019. I have pulled the carb, fuel line from carb to fender apron, fuel pump, plugs, and have tossed in some MMO. I will pull the distributor clean it up and prime that pump. Thanks Mr.Roy