News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Price on this '68 GT-350 seems low

Started by Limegold68gt, August 09, 2023, 08:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Limegold68gt

https://www.classicautomall.com/vehicles/5116/1968-ford-mustang-shelby-gt350

I have no horse in this race, just wondering about everybody's thoughts on this car.  Looking at the pics, there's some obvious problems.  Not sure if the dual 4's hurt the price or not.  I've been watching this for awhile, and was wondering why someone hasn't snatched it up.  Maybe some of you could possibly shed some light or offer your own observations.

Jim

Corey Bowcutt

This car was already discussed. I do not know how to attach the link or I would.
Corey

Coralsnake

If you think its a good deal, you should buy it
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

Limegold68gt

Coralsnake, I've been slowly looking around for a long time.  I have a '70 Grabber Orange Boss 302 that I would like to do a partial trade if possible.  I've been trying to work my way up the chain.  I had a '68 GT Fastback, sold it to get the Boss, and now would like to get into a Shelby.  I was just wondering if anyone would see something with this car that I didn't catch.  BTW, I love your website. Visit it often. 

Jim

67 GT350

RARE  Signature Delete

Coralsnake

Heres the other thread

Most people that haven't seen the car in person are going to be hesitant to critique the car in public.

https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=23684.msg178285#msg178285

I think you can do better on price and quality, keep looking...
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

shelbymann1970

Quote from: Limegold68gt on August 09, 2023, 09:06:23 PM
Coralsnake, I've been slowly looking around for a long time.  I have a '70 Grabber Orange Boss 302 that I would like to do a partial trade if possible.  I've been trying to work my way up the chain.  I had a '68 GT Fastback, sold it to get the Boss, and now would like to get into a Shelby.  I was just wondering if anyone would see something with this car that I didn't catch.  BTW, I love your website. Visit it often. 

Jim
I agree with Pete on seeing cars in person for overall quality and things you cannot see by pics alone. With that said a 302 auto no air 68 FB is at the bottom of the food chain Shelby wise. So some easy to see clues on quality of work done would be painted fender bolts. Rust on engine. rust holes underneath. So a personal inspection should be done. A lot of clues in the many pics provided to see what the car is overall. Use the Hagerty guide as a general reference. See pic below. it is a guide reference. So using their criteria once you see the car in person you would then determine in your own opinion is it a #3 car? A #4 car? Etc. Then with that in mind determine what is the car worth to you? -20 percent for auto but I think in certain cars I think it could be  more. Some less.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

Vernon Estes

Anytime you see a "big box" dealer name like "Classic Auto Mall" and photo studio images....well, if you know..you know.

Not speecifically disparaging the selling dealer...just saying that offerings from these big consignment offerings who specialize in nothing whatsoever tend to fall short of what is displayed in pics. Just saying.

Kind regards,
Vern
Junk dealer and the oldest young guy you will ever know.

Limegold68gt

Thank you folks for all the insight.  I wasn't thinking about purchasing this vehicle, too many red flags in the pics.  Just trying to gauge the market, and I figured what better place to start than the SAAC forum. 

Jim

shelbymann1970

Quote from: Limegold68gt on August 10, 2023, 07:00:04 PM
Thank you folks for all the insight.  I wasn't thinking about purchasing this vehicle, too many red flags in the pics.  Just trying to gauge the market, and I figured what better place to start than the SAAC forum. 

Jim
I'd keep an eye on cars that Bret keeps putting up for sale on our forum. Capecodmustang.com
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

tesgt350

There is a Dealer that advertises monthly in the "AUTOBUY" magazine that has a Red GT 500KR Convertible for $99K.

Limegold68gt

Yep, I've followed Bret and Cape Cod Mustang for years.  :)

Jim

hipo

A Boss 302 is a heck of lot more fun to drive then a 68 350-----just sayin!!

SFcarbuff