News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Someone Called Me To Buy My '67 GT500

Started by Clifford, August 11, 2023, 10:56:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grumpy

I'd get those calls all the time for my old 66. I even had Ken Eber call me trying to buy my car for his kid. Big spender offered me $20k... Then bumped it up to $25k. Believe it was about the time he would buy cars from the Shelby newsletter BEFORE members got it.

Clifford

Quote from: Bill on August 11, 2023, 03:38:37 PM
Strange first post on the forum, as if, and almost like this was a strange and twisted way to get leads on 67 Shelbys for sale.

Strange, but perhaps true, or not.  ::)

No, I just don't have much to say Shelby-wise. I don't come over to the SAAC forum very often unless it's to research something on '67s. Plus like I said my Shelby is at the end of a long line of projects awaiting my attention. Too little time, too many cars, and not enough space!

Didn't realize I never posted here before. I'm a long-time owner of 1855 by the way. My name is listed in print in the 2011 Registry. You'll normally find me yacking over at the BOSS 302 website and also under the same screen name, Clifford. Lately I've been working on my 1970 BOSS vintage race car.

I thought the call asking if my Shelby was for sale was worth sharing with other fellow 1967 GT500 owners. If your GT500 Shelby VIN is higher than 1855 then there's a good chance you'll probably be getting a phone call sometime too assuming Chad started low and is going up the list. Plus if he called me some of you other guys probably got call too and could shed some light on who he is.

430dragpack

Quote from: Clifford on August 11, 2023, 07:40:45 PM
Strange first post on the forum, as if, and almost like this was a strange and twisted way to get leads on 67 Shelbys for sale.

No, I just don't have much to say Shelby-wise. I don't come over to the SAAC forum very often unless it's to research something on '67s. Plus like I said my Shelby is at the end of a long line of projects awaiting my attention. Too little time, too many cars, and not enough space!

Didn't realize I never posted here before. I'm a long-time owner of 1855 by the way. My name is listed in print in the 2011 Registry. You'll normally find me yacking over at the BOSS 302 website and also under the same screen name, Clifford. Lately I've been working on my 1970 BOSS vintage race car.

I thought the call asking if my Shelby was for sale was worth sharing with other fellow 1967 GT500 owners. If your GT500 Shelby VIN is higher than 1855 then there's a good chance you'll probably be getting a phone call sometime too assuming Chad started low and is going up the list. Plus if he called me some of you other guys probably got call too and could shed some light on who he is.

Yes we do...the Big Red Dog!!

Chris

Clifford

Quote from: Coralsnake on August 11, 2023, 11:08:17 AM
You can request the Registries withhold your name if you are concerned about it.

No, I'm not too concerned about it, but I was surprised he called me on my cell as I don't normally give out that number. Plus like I said, I'm there in print in the 2011 SAAC Registry. However this was the first time I ever got a call inquiring about my GT500.

Chad left me a message and left his name and number and in his message he specifically said he was inquiring about my GT500. Actually I didn't notice his message till two days later. Before calling him back I also had time to think about what I was going to quiz him about when I called him back.

Being that it was two days later I told him I was returning his call without giving my name and he wanted to know who I was and I said "Who are you? You called me first." He gave me his name again and that is when he told me I was one of four people he was hoping hear back from.

Classic Collector Car Dealers have their place, but I'm not a fan of them. Granted, some are better than others and maybe some are really nice people, but I still see them as professional car flippers. Typically they search out vehicles needing little to no work and then turn around and sell them for profit.

nctrucks

Sports Car Scan
1172 S. Main Street, Suite 110
Salinas, CA 93908
Is just a mail box in a Pack N Ship store.   I drive pass by it all the time. I have never heard of this guy.                                                                                                                                                                           

Karguy

Being an auto dealer myself I certainly don't have a problem with dealers trying to locate and purchase particular vehicles. However, in this case it is the apparent lack of honesty with this broker/dealer I have a big problem with!
6S281, in my family from 1972-1983. Back home January 2017, will not leave again!

DGSOH

Just for the record (in case we're counting or something) I too got a vm recently from a number tracing back to the same outfit and individual... I didn't engage.

Coralsnake

The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

shelbydoug

Financial speculators are seemingly super aggressive individuals.

Consider taking the approach to you as a compliment in that "your secret speculator" has identified the "67 Shelby GT500" as likely an underpriced and undiscovered (by most financial firms) investment.

I'd read that as a better then 50/50, that the car will increase in value disproportionately to "everything"?

At the dollar levels those kinds of speculators work at I don't see how they could corner the market or how one car would change much?

Even if we were talking about a 427 Cobra that you could have bought in '72 for $5,000, and resell it now for a million, is that enough to attract these money sharks?

I don't know? Maybe? I suppose the "maybe" is where the game gets interesting?

The simplest way to deal with this is to listen to an offer. If for instance you are offered cash for a '67 Mustang amount, then you can start to get a much clearer view of what is going on.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

JohnSlack

Quote from: Clifford on August 11, 2023, 07:40:45 PM

I can attest that Clifford is legitimate. He has been posting in BOSS 302 world for a long time.

John

SpartanSmoke

Same story here except he was asking about my 350.  Voicemail was left on July 31st and I called later in the day.  We never did talk about price just what condition of car he was looking to acquire.  He was very polite but told me he was in the finance business after I asked if he was a dealer.  Also said he tracked me down through the registry.

Nice to see the cars are still sought after.

Mike