News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

1968 Shelby Tilt Pillar Switch.. question

Started by Craner, August 12, 2023, 09:12:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craner

Question: I've found 2 difference style switches used for the "pop a way" circuit actuation. 
This switch is actuated when the drivers door is closed. 

The switch used on my car needs to be replaced.  The plunger was damage, so I'm searching for the correct switch. 

Were there different suppliers for this switch?
Or possibly the 67 and 68 Mustang tilt switch is different. 
The following is a photo of my damaged switch.

Any assistance is appreciated.
Thks
Fran

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Craner on August 12, 2023, 09:12:24 PM
Question: I've found 2 difference style switches used for the "pop a way" circuit actuation. 
This switch is actuated when the drivers door is closed. 

The switch used on my car needs to be replaced.  The plunger was damage, so I'm searching for the correct switch. 

Were there different suppliers for this switch?
Or possibly the 67 and 68 Mustang tilt switch is different. 
The following is a photo of my damaged switch.

Any assistance is appreciated.
Thks
Fran
If memory serves the tilt switch closes a contact which activates a column release solenoid when the door is opened . In the same way the regular door switch turns on the light when the door is opened. The NPD switch will work in place of the factory tilt switch . It is not a exact as the factory tilt switch has a slightly shorter plunger . They sell on the secondary market for close to what NPD gets for the theirs    https://www.npdlink.com/product/switch-courtesy-light/150695  As easy as they are to replace the repro can be a place holder until you find the correct one of if that matters.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Bob Gaines

I think I may have one or two NOS switch's if you can't find one.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

mr68shelby

MPC shows C6OZ-13713-A as the correct switch beginning 11/14/66. It uses a 7/8" mounting hole.
C7ZZ-13713-A was used before that date and has a 29/32" mounting hole.
Mike

68blk500c

Match this pictured part.  Be sure to open the NOS box, as this part had some different versions under the part #.

Craner

This helps me confirm was is correct for a 68.

Greatly appreciate the help.
Fran