News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

A '66 sold for "cheap" according to Hagerty article

Started by deathsled, August 14, 2023, 09:45:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathsled

"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

FL SAAC

$217,000 cheap ?

That's good money,  now I dont know how much was in the car (acquisition cost, maintenance, restoration, miscellaneous)

Maybe the owner took a dive because it was "one of those cars" never ever going to sell it, nothing but the best for this one, it's a rare car etc

But $217 is good cash money today

Wait until years end or the beginning of 2024 the wave is coming and it doesn't look good for our economy. Have your life preservers ready

Cheers !
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Richstang

Quote from: FL SAAC on August 14, 2023, 10:42:10 AM

Wait until years end or the beginning of 2024 the wave is coming and it doesn't look good for our economy. Have your life preservers ready

"Fighting Negativity" my a$$

Practice what you preach in your fantasyland!
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

FL SAAC

Quote from: Richstang on August 14, 2023, 12:44:15 PM

"Fighting Negativity" my a$$

Practice what you preach in your fantasyland!

Hello friend

First we must ask " why so mad " ?

Fighting negativity is a excellent source of enlightening

And  I consider myself a very positive person

But having said that, one must be realistic

There is a big storm (this could be another inspirational qoute)  brewing,  you can decided to prepare or be like an ostrich.

You choice

I have all UNGOLD cars

J_Speegle

Wonder if this is another case of AI writing another online article. It does seem to not mention the stories or issues shared in the ad but not sure if this is one of the "stories they referred to in the hyperlink "sold-for-cheap-but-it-has-stories/". One being the "it was equipped with a new front body clip among other required parts."  Pictures appear to be reused from at least the BJ auction earlier this year.

As far as "cheap" verses "expensive" that's up to the buyer and seller I think
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

tesgt350

$217,000 cheap ?

That's good money,  now I dont know how much was in the car (acquisition cost, maintenance, restoration, miscellaneous)

Maybe the owner took a dive because it was "one of those cars" never ever going to sell it, nothing but the best for this one, it's a rare car etc

But $217 is good cash money today

Cheers !

I think real good money considering it was stolen and Stripped.  Not original Motor or Trans or Wheels or many Body Parts as well.

Sfm6sxxx

Cheers !

Before long, you will be able to buy as many as you want for $80k ::)

6S1114

NC TRACKRAT

For cars like ours, people buy what they want and what they can afford.  Some can afford more than others.  The market determines value and this is a perfect example.  Someone wanted this car and this is what they thought it was worth.  No one else thought it was worth more.  For those of us who are enthusiasts rather than investors (or speculators), we don't really care what the market thinks. If the market "tanks", it won't matter to some of us.
5S071, 6S1467

FL SAAC

Quote from: Sfm6sxxx on August 14, 2023, 02:47:09 PM

Cheers !

Before long, you will be able to buy as many as you want for $80k
::)

You know it could happen

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

Quote from: NC TRACKRAT on August 14, 2023, 03:06:33 PM
For cars like ours, people buy what they want and what they can afford.  Some can afford more than others.  The market determines value and this is a perfect example.  Someone wanted this car and this is what they thought it was worth.  No one else thought it was worth more.  For those of us who are enthusiasts rather than investors (or speculators), we don't really care what the market thinks. If the market "tanks", it won't matter to some of us.

Very well expressed and we whole heartily agree with you

For us it's the fun factor to be enjoyed,  we never bought as "an investment" . Are they worth more than what we paid and gave in them, I would say that's a big YES

I have all UNGOLD cars

capecodmustang.com

I use to own #006....

Glad to see someone restored it

JohnSlack

I have advised people to never buy anything that they don't want to get stuck with. I own what I love. I lust after cars that I am not willing to pay for.

FL SAAC

Quote from: JohnSlack on August 14, 2023, 07:20:03 PM

I have advised people to never buy anything that they don't want to get stuck with. I own what I love. I lust after cars that I am not willing to pay for.

And that my friends is the one if the keys to being happy

A big plus one !

I have all UNGOLD cars

Rickmustang

+1. Great advice that I have always followed and didn't know it until this quote.
1965 G.T. 350
1967 Fairlane GT - 390 4-speed
1970 Mach 1 - 428CJ 4-speed/AC
1971 Mach 1 - 429CJ auto/AC
2005 Ford GT

427hunter

All we need now is someone to post a photo of their dinner, some shamwow investment advice, and a cat video.
"You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means"

Inigo Montoya

"This life's hard, man, but it's harder if you're stupid"

Jackie Brown

2000 hours of my life stolen by 602 over three years