News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

1967 headlight retaining rings

Started by imming1965, August 14, 2023, 03:09:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imming1965

I'm looking for (4) headlight retaining rings (stainless part that holds light in bucket) I have some but would like to find better ones

67 GT350

Join the club, I just ordered from Tony B. I will assume the repros will suck! I am not sure, but I got to think any Ford rings with the smaller headlights will work.....?
RARE  Signature Delete

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 67 GT350 on August 14, 2023, 05:37:06 PM
Join the club, I just ordered from Tony B. I will assume the repros will suck! I am not sure, but I got to think any Ford rings with the smaller headlights will work.....?
I haven't seen the ones Branda sells.  Yes most Ford small headlight will work . There are some that will work but look slightly different in shape .
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Bill Collins

I just purchased a large NOS parts stash from a long closed Ford dealer. Included were some late 1960's headlight buckets and retaining rings. There are two ring styles; they differ by the configuration of the retaining brackets. One is an "L" shape with a single round hole in the base. The other is a slot style - the screw goes through a larger opening at one end of the slot and the ring is then rotated so the smaller opening is beneath the screw head. The screw is then tightened on each style.

I can take and post some photos of the two styles if requested.
Enthusiast since 1965, SAAC charter member since 1975 and Regional Rep since 1985, GT350 Owner since 1971, 289 Cobra owner 1979-2016, Ford GT owner 2006 - 2017

I have 4 used originals.  Plus one more needing to be spot welded back together.

PM if interested.

Jon

67 GT350

OMG that's a beautiful site, I got my Tony Branda ones and they are sooooooo tight on the headlight, that you cannot install them unless you line up the screw hols exact as you cannot rotate them... ADVISE to the poster, BUY THE ONES ABOVE!
RARE  Signature Delete