News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

1968 GT350 oil breather hose routing

Started by Beeler422, August 16, 2023, 01:11:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beeler422

Where does the hose from the breather cap on the driver side connect to?  I've searched around but can't find a picture or a description.

Thanks

Corey Bowcutt

If I understand the question, and not sure I do, it connects to a nipple under the air cleaner base behind the carburetor.

Corey

Beeler422

Isn't that where the pcv connects? 

Sorry if i didn't word it right.  I'm talking about the oil filler cap on the driver side valve cover.  It has a nipple on it for a hose.

Corey Bowcutt

No the PVC goes to a nipple on the back of a spacer under the carburetor. (I think)

Beeler422

Oh sorry, I thought that was what you were referring to. I don't remember a nipple under the air cleaner.   I'll have to have another look.

Coralsnake

Yes should be in the stamped steel base
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

J_Speegle

These help??

Passenger side PCV while we're here and someone brought it up

Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Beeler422

Perfect!  That's exactly what I needed.  Now I just need to find the fitting for it.  Anyone know where I can find the correct fitting? 

CharlesTurner

Quote from: Beeler422 on August 17, 2023, 01:02:49 AM
Perfect!  That's exactly what I needed.  Now I just need to find the fitting for it.

The breather hose connection to the air cleaner base is made into the base, not a separate piece.
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

Beeler422

Quote from: CharlesTurner on August 17, 2023, 01:15:14 AM
Quote from: Beeler422 on August 17, 2023, 01:02:49 AM
Perfect!  That's exactly what I needed.  Now I just need to find the fitting for it.

The breather hose connection to the air cleaner base is made into the base, not a separate piece.

Ah OK.  I guess I need to take it off and have a better look.  At some point someone used some silicone and just closed it off.

So thar being said, anyone know where to find that hose?

68blk500c

it is reproduced and available through suppliers.

Beeler422

Quote from: 68blk500c on August 17, 2023, 08:51:01 AM
it is reproduced and available through suppliers.

I've looked and can't find it.  Have a link?