News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

1966 GT350H. Original Hertz car #1922 and 1968 GT500 Convertible. BOTH SOLD.

Started by tveitan, August 17, 2023, 03:43:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tveitan

My family is considering selling two original Shelby's. A GT350H Hertz Rent-a-racer #1922 and a 1968 GT500 Convertible.
Both cars belonged to my late uncle. They are located in Norway.

The GT500 is ''better than new''. It was extensively restored around 10-15 years ago. Color is Sunlit gold with white top. Engine is a Genesis FE505 with MSD ignition, headers and stainless steel exhaust. 3 speed C6 transmission. 9'' rear axle with 3.00:1 ratio. Positraction diff. Car is registered and road legal. Runs great. Price 199.000USD

The Hertz car was recently aquired and was in parts. The car has been restored and is great condition. The bodywork has kept its ''patina'' which shows great wear, but has been treated to avoid furter detoriation. The car was originally painted in Raven black with gold stripes and auto transmission. It's been modified over the years and the engine is a Boss 302/70 which has been overhauled. Comes with Shelby inlet and a Holley 715 carb. Transmission is a Ford Toploader with a new centerforce cluch. Rear axle Ford 9'' approx. 3.00:1. Positraction diff. Original KH brake calipers on the front. Retrofitted discbrakes at the rear. The car is registered and road legal. Wheels are genuine magnesium wheels which i believe are quite rare. Just took it for a drive and it runs great. Price 199.000USD

Our knowledge is limited since it was my uncle who owned these cars. There is a lot of documentation and serveral people knows a lot about the work that's been done to the cars so we will do our best to answer any questions. I can be contacted on o.tveitan@hotmail.com

Price is negotiable.

Coralsnake

The forum requires listing the vehicle identification number for the 1968.
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

tveitan

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert