News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Finally time for rocker stripes

Started by lawrence67, August 19, 2023, 08:56:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lawrence67

I seem to remember a drawing that placed the bottom stripe thin line along 1\4"above the door bottom.  Is that accurate?
Thanks,
Paul L

Lfino

JD

Quote from: lawrence67 on August 23, 2023, 03:07:00 PM
I seem to remember a drawing that placed the bottom stripe thin line along 1\4"above the door bottom.  Is that accurate?
Thanks,
Paul L

that sounds about right
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

67 GT350

So where do you buy the correct strip for a 67 GT350 one that gives you enough stripe to actually reach the fender and wrap around. Quick mock up and you can clearly see the problem
RARE  Signature Delete

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 67 GT350 on August 24, 2023, 10:17:22 PM
So where do you buy the correct strip for a 67 GT350 one that gives you enough stripe to actually reach the fender and wrap around. Quick mock up and you can clearly see the problem
Show a  picture of the opposite end of the door with the stripe mocked up . As long as you have extra at the other end of the door(latch end) you can cut and wrap around what you need on the fender end and slide the strip forward so you have enough to wrap around the fender end door edge.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

67 GT350

Quote from: Bob Gaines on August 24, 2023, 11:12:35 PM
Quote from: 67 GT350 on August 24, 2023, 10:17:22 PM
Show a  picture of the opposite end of the door with the stripe mocked up . As long as you have extra at the other end of the door(latch end) you can cut and wrap around what you need on the fender end and slide the strip forward so you have enough to wrap around the fender end door edge.
So yes I thought of splicing it in, by taking the extra on both sides and doing just that, but then I thought.....it would looked "fixed" there just is not enough to slide the middle over with the soap/water either, and that would rust it looking off.
RARE  Signature Delete

JD

OK, now that you posted a photo of what you have to work with, it does look as though you have a '68 stripe section.

Not sure how long ago you got those from Branda, but you might see if you can get an exchange of the whole kit or just those two (each side) front segment.  If just the front sections be sure the blues match before installation.
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

Bob Gaines

Quote from: JD on August 25, 2023, 09:55:13 AM
OK, now that you posted a photo of what you have to work with, it does look as though you have a '68 stripe section.

Not sure how long ago you got those from Branda, but you might see if you can get an exchange of the whole kit or just those two (each side) front segment.  If just the front sections be sure the blues match before installation.
i would always change the entire side stripe on a car I owned rather then patch in a section . New or not there can be slight variations in shade from one batch of stripe from the MFG to the next.Best of luck on getting the problem solved and moving on.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

67 GT350

Good news, I got a new set of stripes from Brenda, I wrote in the notes that they were to be for a 67 Shelby and needed to have the correct placement for the front fender. Something I did not realize was that the stripes are actually bigger than a 66 stripe. This post helped a ton as I became obsessed as I know something did not look right with the smaller stripes. The first picture is the correct stripe kit, notice the "GT350" and the actually stripes how much access there is for the fender and the placement of the GT350.
RARE  Signature Delete