News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Sarasota Car Museum being forced to relocate

Started by FL SAAC, August 19, 2023, 02:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

deathsled

Relocate to Chicago for added safety and security.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

NC TRACKRAT

Sorry to learn that.  I'm so old, I remember when it opened. My folks started going down to Sarasota on vacations back in 1951 and eventually retired there. Back then, it was  Ringling Bros. Summer camp and I remember sitting in the stands as they filmed "The Greatest Show on Earth".  Sarasota was just a nice, sleepy little town on the TAMIAMI Trail. Now, it's "Lifestyles of the Rich & Famous".
5S071, 6S1467

rockhouse66

Quote from: NC TRACKRAT on August 20, 2023, 12:05:40 PM
Sorry to learn that.  I'm so old, I remember when it opened. My folks started going down to Sarasota on vacations back in 1951 and eventually retired there. Back then, it was  Ringling Bros. Summer camp and I remember sitting in the stands as they filmed "The Greatest Show on Earth".  Sarasota was just a nice, sleepy little town on the TAMIAMI Trail. Now, it's "Lifestyles of the Rich & Famous".

And this museum was "Hornes Cars of Yesterday" as I recall.

trotrof1

The vultures descended immediately after Ian and Maui disasters. Very valuable lands for speculators.

Royce Peterson

They have been there 70 years and lease the property still? A month-to-month lease? That does not sound like a very good business plan.
1968 Cougar XR-7 GT-E 427 Side Oiler C6 3.50 Detroit Locker
1968 1/2 Cougar XR-7 428CJ Ram Air C6 3.91 Traction Lock