News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

1968 302 Ignition Wire Routing

Started by Rcbach302, August 23, 2023, 04:39:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rcbach302

I'm installing a set of Kevin Marti ignition wires. Wondering if anyone has a picture of the correct routing, over/under etc and which cylinder gets the wire with the sleeve and angled plug? All my searching has only found picures with air cleaner installed. I've managed to make it look pretty but would I like to get it correct.
1968 GT350 Convertible #3127

Bob Gaines

Nice clear illustration in the assemblyline electrical manual. As a owner it would be prudent that you have a set for questions such as this. Otherwise maybe someone will post that page because I am away from my books.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

TLea

Should be easy if you have correct wires as they are numbered. Just match number to cylinder. As far as routing not assembly manual but ford service manual will show routing at cap and valve cover looms. Passenger side is simply 1234 but drivers side has unique 7568 routing to prevent 78 crossfire

Rcbach302

Thanks - didn't realize they were numbered and there's a nice clear picture in the shop manual. All set!

Bob Gaines

For those reading It is prudent that a Shelby owner have a shop manual for the year car or cars they own. I highly recommend  supplementing your shop manual which details how to repair the car with the assemblyline manuals which show how the cars was assembled originally . They don't show Shelby unique items , however the vast majority of the car is Ford built.  That is if you are concerned about how the cars were originally . For those reading the Shop manuals and the assemblyline manuals (two separate things)  are available from all larger vendors .They will save time and stress with many future questions. 
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Rcbach302

Sound advice.

"when all else fails, read the instructions"