News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Announcement: The 12th Annual Columbus Lodge Day, Car Show & Rib Fest is on!

Started by BGlover67, September 04, 2023, 04:01:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BGlover67

What I can say that hasn't been said the previous eleven other times?  How about every person who registers their car at the upcoming event will receive a genuine gold Rolex watch.  (Wait, I might have that wrong, I think they say 'Rolix' on the face, oh well).

But seriously folks, this Car Show/Rib Fest has grown quite nicely over the years, with the average attendance being about 80 cars, yet it isn't a circus like your local GoodGuy's event is.   It happens concurrently with the town of Pittsboro's annual street fair, so if you get bored at the show, you still have lots more to see. 

This event is sponsored by Columbus Lodge no. 102, the Masonic Lodge of Pittsboro,   You know the Masons,  the same guys who are running the world, except we obviously aren't doing a very good job of it.   But seriously, I donate the awards and make sure that there are numerous opportunities for people to snag something nice to go home with.  You won't find one car wining multiple categories here, I mean what's up with that anyway?  If folks are going to put the effort into prepping their rides and coming all that way, they certainly deserve something better than a two dollar piece of plastic that looks like it came out of a Cracker Jacks Box (Does anybody still remember that sugary feast?)

I have an automotive artisan off of Etsy fabricate a handmade 'Best of Show' award utilizing an engine piston and other car parts.  It is truly one of a kind.  The other awards are hefty resin based spark plugs, pistons and gasoline pumps, and I also do something very unique for the 'Top 20' winners.  Another fellow off Etsy makes beautiful bottle openers out of used spark plus, which we mount to wooden bases, that way they might actually find a use for it besides just collecting dust on the shelf. 

This is all probably more information than you wanted to know, but please tell everyone you can in the Carolina area to please come out on Saturday, October 28th for a good cause.  I'll be the one in the Shelby sweatshirt.

So for the record, here are the details:

Columbus Lodge No 102, the Masonic Lodge of Pittsboro, will be holding it's 12th annual Columbus Lodge Day, Car Show and Rib Fest on Saturday, October 28th, 2023.  (The rain date is Saturday, November 4th, 2023.).  All makes and models are welcome, and all registered cars are eligible for very unique trophies.

The judged categories include: Best of Show, Master's Award (2nd Place), Chairman's Award (3rd Place), Best Ford, Best GM, Best Mopar, Best Chevrolet, Best Corvette, Best Mustang, Best Camaro, Best Truck, Best Convertible, Best Paint, Best Survivor, Best Interior, Best Engine Bay, Best 4-Door, Best Themed Vehicle, Best Foreign Car,  Best Non-Traditional, Best American Graffiti, Best Masonic Owned, Best Unique, along with top 20 show participants.

Registration is from 8:00 am to 10:00 am, judging from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm with awards announced at 2:00 pm. The donation to show your car is $25. Money raised helps support the North Carolina Masonic Charities.

The delicious Rib Lunch costs $15, and is considered to be the best BBQ in Chatham County, come see for yourself!

For further information, Please contact Brian at 919 265-4081 or email: bubbletime1@gmail.com

*******Important News: We have had a last minute venue change.  The event is being held exactly one mile north at the Lowes Home Improvement Center at the corner of Hwy 64 and Route 15/501.  Much more room and a much nicer location! ******************
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Corey Bowcutt

Brian,

This sounds like fun.  I am going to try and make the trek south.  Will there be a place to park a truck and trailer?

Corey

BGlover67

Thanks,
Brian R. Glover

CharlesTurner

Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

BGlover67

Just a friendly bump to remind everyone about the show this Saturday. Weather is forecasted to be stellar! Hope to see you there! 
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover

BGlover67

Thanks to everyone who participated this year.  I finally got to see Corey B's beautiful '68 GT350 in person.  I haven't always been the biggest fan of Lime Gold, but his car looked absolutely amazing in the sun.  Parked next to him was a BlackJade '69 GT350 ragtop that has been in the original owner's family since new.  Both were awesome!

Thanks,
Brian R. Glover

Corey Bowcutt

It was a great show and Brian is an awesome host. Really enjoyed the southern hospitality.

Corey