News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Do you like the direction SAAC has been going?

Started by Bill, September 05, 2023, 02:44:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Side-Oilers

It would be nice to hear from Kopec every once on a while...at least on April 1st.  Is he even still involved?
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

Coralsnake

I dont think its "SAAC" in general its the forum. I dont believe Mr Kopec has been involved in the direction of the club for some time.

The lack of moderation and the ceding of moderation duties to people that dont have the best interests of the forum or club in mind is actually suppressing participation.

You can say things like "hes not a moderator" but the forum is still giving him control over a part of it and legitimizing the behaviors.

When you allow people to make personal attacks and be critical of the club in open forum, it suppresses participation and encourages more negativity.

There are a lot of people that are turned off by that and new people are not given the attention they need. I get several emails everyday from people that are asking for help and dont want to be part of the club/forum.

The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

Chris Thauberger

Anybody here friends/neighbours with a clinical psychologist?

Would be interesting to hear a clinical assessment, diagnosis, and treatment plan for our resident "cling-on".

For those of you wondering what a "cling-on" is, its the little piece if $hit stuck to the hair on your a$$ after a dump.

... and here comes the Mod...

Chris
Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold

Lincoln tech

Quote from: Side-Oilers on December 20, 2023, 10:55:50 PM
It would be nice to hear from Kopec every once on a while...at least on April 1st.  Is he even still involved?
Mr Kopec ,,, I think I met him at SAAC-4 , it's been awhile  ;)

TA Coupe

If it starts it's streetable.
Overkill is just enough.

67 GT350

Maybe the only way to have it go in a positive direction, (but isn't even that just an opinion?) is to stop bellyaching.
my 2 cents
RARE  Signature Delete

Too political.....which seems counterproductive to me.

gt350shelb

Even in forum 1.0  Kopec was rarely interested .  there were more than a few conversations  regarding people Not using their real names  on the forum .
Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

pmustang

I was part of another marquees forum for many years. There was a crazy person on there that drove everyone insane. The forum was run by a business servicing the cars we all loved. Nothing was ever done about this person and he was on there for years much to the detriment of the forum.

I didn't then and don't now understand the allowing of someone to create such a distraction to the core reason for the forums existence

And blocking them here doesn't remove their name from your vision which is a shame as you keep seeing the name pop up

shelbydoug

Quote from: gt350shelb on December 21, 2023, 09:33:29 PM
Even in forum 1.0  Kopec was rarely interested .  there were more than a few conversations  regarding people Not using their real names  on the forum .

That seems to be true but as I understand the issue it was also that there is an issue as to why non-SAAC members have the same posting privileges as full SAAC members. That is still to me an issue that has never been resolved and simply one reason why the Moderator here ignores SAAC members complaints. The SAAC members have no say here on this Forum. Only the Moderator does. No one else, not even Rick.

To me, one of the things that amplified the issue, is we have had and occasionally still do, have posters that are non-SAAC members that are openly belligerent to SAAC like Dual Four Barrels, that have posted they are not members and never will be becasue "SAAC Sucks" and are still permitted to post here.

So really to me the direction of the club itself has not really changed direction, it is the continued direction of the SAAC Forum being moderated by a despot.

At one point I suggested that he examine his popularity here and I got a slight knee jerk reaction to that post. As if to say, "who me? I'm not popular here?"

The answer is, yea Ron, you aren't. The best thing that can happen to this forum and it's direction is for you to resign. We probably will even give you a genuine gold plate Seko watch and a plaque?

Go ahead Ron. Put it up for a discussion of SAAC MEMBERS. See where that goes.  ;)

68 GT350 Lives Matter!

gt350shelb

Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

Side-Oilers

Funhy stuff.

I thought Rick's/Adolph's last line was going to be "Why can't I even have one convention like that?"
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Previous:
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1957 T-Bird E-model

QuickSilverShelby

Quote from: Coralsnake on December 21, 2023, 06:09:45 AM
The lack of moderation and the ceding of moderation duties to people that dont have the best interests of the forum or club in mind is actually suppressing participation.
Pete is right.  My membership just came up for renewal and I haven't renewed....... yet.  I've been a member for only 20 years so that certainly makes me new to the forums :D.  Not sure if I'll renew or not.  There's some great people here and all the top,.....top Shelby and Cobra experts in the world are all right here and I want to support SAAC, the forum and all the good people but damn, it sure feels like people are pissed and not much is being done.  It feels like SAAC isn't progressing or moving forward.  I admit, I'm undecided if I should cough up my $50 lousy buck or not. 

QSS
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Side-Oilers

I agree, but I'm hanging in there. Waiting to join the palace coup.
Current:

Previous:
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1957 T-Bird E-model

crossboss

Quote from: Side-Oilers on December 22, 2023, 08:08:58 PM
Funhy stuff.

I thought Rick's/Adolph's last line was going to be "Why can't I even have one convention like that?"

Jawohl!!
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1970 GT-500--#3129--Grabber Orange.
Current lifelong projects:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30