News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Should "The Lounge" be killed off?

Started by deathsled, September 05, 2023, 02:54:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathsled

"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

Side-Oilers

Definitely not. 

Where else can we share stories and photos of non-Shelby things that amuse, inform or (occasionally) pizz-off some overly-sensitive people? 

Seriously, we need The Lounge. Perhaps some stricter rules should be set, moderator-related, but I'm for the continued freedom of speech on our collective site.  Might be time for a refresher on the Rules of Decorum, though.

That said, this is supposed to be a fun place to visit. It's not a gov't job.

Not many of us seem to use the Member's Only forum, so perhaps more topics posted there could help reduce some of the problems here. (If indeed, only members are allowed to read and post.)
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

deathsled

Well then let me rephrase: Should I be killed off? (From the lounge that is.) 
As an addendum, I would not be offended.  I was thrown out of a Rolls Royce Convention during a firm golf outing with clients at Oakbrook Golf Club. I wasn't a Rolls participant but I had to drop the golf and check out the cars.  Security removed me (and a client) for not being convention participants.  I saw most of the displays by that point so it was worth it.  Kind of a dubious distinction but proud of it as one of my shining moments in life.
As a further addendum, though this incident happened in 2006 I still remember I was wearing my Shelby G.T. 350 Racing Team tee shirt and the golf club admonished me to buy a shirt with a collar before I could go back out on the golf course (after I was thrown out of the Rolls Convention).

FL SAAC

NO

Censorship, the suppression of words, images, or ideas that are "offensive," happens whenever some people succeed in imposing their personal political or moral values on others. Censorship can be carried out by the government as well as private pressure groups

And that is how it all starts
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

HERTZ II

I agree....keep "The Lounge"...but as stated above, perhaps with stricter guidelines. One new "reg" I would definitely support is if you post in the lounge, you cannot place the same post in any other topic...or vice-versa... NO DUPLICATE POSTS 

gt350cs

I totally agree with HERTZII> way too many duplicates!!!!!

98SVT - was 06GT

Maybe also add you can only post to the lounge once a day on one thread
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

67 GT350

"When in doubt, whip it out, we got a rock and roll band, its a free-for-all!" - Ted Negent
RARE  Signature Delete

gt350shelb

Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

deathsled

Quote from: gt350shelb on September 05, 2023, 07:17:11 PM
Can we vote on who goes ?
Not for me to decide. I may be on the no fly list myself and besides in the words of Ash from Army of Darkness to sum up my authority here..

crossboss

Talk about censorship, you deleted my comment. It's sad the SAAC website has turned into a joke.
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1970 GT-500--#3129--Grabber Orange.
Current lifelong projects:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

gt350shelb

Village idiots  are running the asylum
Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

shelbydoug

Quote from: gt350shelb on September 05, 2023, 08:20:01 PM

It is supposed to be a safe place to let your animal run free with no repercussions. In theory it sounds good. In practice, maybe not so good?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

gt350shelb

Quote from: shelbydoug on September 05, 2023, 08:26:40 PM

It is supposed to be a safe place to let your animal run free with no repercussions. In theory it sounds good. In practice, maybe not so good?

some animals need to be on a leash !

crossboss

Quote from: gt350shelb on September 05, 2023, 08:28:23 PM
Quote from: shelbydoug on September 05, 2023, 08:26:40 PM

some animals need to be on a leash !

When I made a similar comment, you deleted it. Why? The 'problem' is obvious. Its the one person who trolls this website posting all over the place.
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1970 GT-500--#3129--Grabber Orange.
Current lifelong projects:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30