News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

67402F4A00923 on BAT

Started by 5s386, September 07, 2023, 10:54:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vernon Estes

My listing...FYI...happy to answer any questions you guys might have in the comment section or through email. vestes85(AT)gmail(DOT)com
Junk dealer and the oldest young guy you will ever know.

Coralsnake

The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

Vernon Estes

Thanks Pete!

Always fun to do a little sparring in the comment section...keeps me sharp  ;D
Junk dealer and the oldest young guy you will ever know.

Coralsnake

You have a high tolerance . That will wear off....
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

Bigfoot

The description says that this car came originally with over the top stripes........
:)
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

6T6/7

May want to consider hiding the Ford VIN shown on the Marti report.
'66 6S379, '67 GT350 #1661

J_Speegle

Quote from: 6T6/7 on September 07, 2023, 05:55:54 PM

Two schools of though on that in recent years.

Choice #1- Is to hide and protect the Ford VIN from others so that no one else can make a copy of your car and claim its the original. Still doesn't stop the "bad guys". As far as I know this has been the policy SAAC has promoted for decades.

Choice #2- Share the VIN publicly with pictures and documentation to hopefully prove or at least document that you have "that" car as of date of the posting of the information,  in an effort to reduce the chance that "bad guys" won't choose to fake a car publicly shared and hope they choose an unknown or less publicly known car instead. 

Of course, by itself, a set of numbers stamped on any car unibody or drivetrain is only one part of the confirmation process every purchaser should go through to provide a comfort level they are comfortable with.

Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

shelbymann1970

Quote from: J_Speegle on September 07, 2023, 07:18:29 PM
Quote from: 6T6/7 on September 07, 2023, 05:55:54 PM

Two schools of though on that in recent years.

Choice #1- Is to hide and protect the Ford VIN from others so that no one else can make a copy of your car and claim its the original. Still doesn't stop the "bad guys". As far as I know this has been the policy SAAC has promoted for decades.

Choice #2- Share the VIN publicly with pictures and documentation to hopefully prove or at least document that you have "that" car as of date of the posting of the information,  in an effort to reduce the chance that "bad guys" won't choose to fake a car publicly shared and hope they choose an unknown or less publicly known car instead. 

Of course, by itself, a set of numbers stamped on any car unibody or drivetrain is only one part of the confirmation process every purchaser should go through to provide a comfort level they are comfortable with.
If you look at the comment on the bottom of the this 67s Marti report it says SAAC and Keven recommend you hide the Ford vin if you publicly display the Marti report. I'm on the display side of both.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

shelbymann1970

Quote from: Bigfoot on September 07, 2023, 04:25:28 PM
The description says that this car came originally with over the top stripes........
Biggie the ad writers are horrendous. I have many times told BaT I would be more than happy when I retire to write their Ford ads. On 1969 Mustangs the ads say many time center fog lights or driving lights in the grill. SMH
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

J_Speegle

Quote from: shelbymann1970 on September 08, 2023, 08:45:48 AM
If you look at the comment on the bottom of the this 67s Marti report it says SAAC and Keven recommend you hide the Ford vin if you publicly display the Marti report. I'm on the display side of both.

Yes, have seen that. But of course that is an opinion and the choice is left to the owner.

Not suggesting that owners do post the VINs but haven't seen an example yet of where posting them created or encouraged a copy or fake but would be interested if someone has evidence that it has.
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Bigfoot

Quote from: shelbymann1970 on September 08, 2023, 08:49:14 AM
Quote from: Bigfoot on September 07, 2023, 04:25:28 PM
Biggie the ad writers are horrendous. I have many times told BaT I would be more than happy when I retire to write their Ford ads. On 1969 Mustangs the ads say many time center fog lights or driving lights in the grill. SMH

Hey Gary, long time no see.
Can't the seller provide edits to the listing before it's posted?
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

paparazzi

Edits on BaT by the Seller are mostly limited to corrections and items 100% proven by hard evidence in my experience with my listings. They do not let you write your ad. I have tried to make changes and they reply for me to enter comments after the listing goes live. Then I can mention anything I think important. That puts the burden back on the seller I assume. I am sure there are liability concerns involved, but I think they can go too far. Like my partner says "we can always start our own online auction and do it our way".

Bigfoot

^^
I would've gone with the edit, were it possible regarding the stripes. Because we can prove that 100%.
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI