News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

$5,600 for F150 tail light

Started by 98SVT - was 06GT, September 08, 2023, 11:08:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

98SVT - was 06GT

Modern technology. The tail lamp housing on this 2018 Ford truck leaked and corroded the electrical connectors in it. For most vehicles it is a relatively cheap fix. You replace the tail lamp, clean out the connectors and replace the bulbs. Not so simple on this truck. There is an anti-collision sensor in the housing. That sensor is on a shared bus with many other components so when the connector got corroded it bricked the truck. The truck had to be towed to the repair shop. The tail lamp is 10x the price of most at $1,200-1,400 each. The anti-collision sensor had to be replaced as well and it is on backorder. Apparently the vehicle will not drive without that anti-collision sensor so they had to pay out the rear to get one. Total cost of this repair, $5,600.

https://youtu.be/MUkFsuilVD0
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

gt350shelb

just had a customer break one and try to pry it off truck  to replace the "bulbs" .  that was a 1400 tail light . no module .
Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

FL SAAC

In the very near future we won't have stealerships or stealer sale persons either

Dealers are currently struggling with the Amazonification of the auto market as shoppers turn to the internet to buy new cars and EVs.

Constant increases of their expenses on their big box operations and lower profits.

Based on our research, they believe the future of automotive retail will be digital and direct to consumer.

Welcome to the world of Amazon
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

gt350shelb

Quote from: FL SAAC on September 09, 2023, 11:39:26 AM
In the very near future we won't have stealerships or stealer sale persons either

Dealers are currently struggling with the Amazonification of the auto market as shoppers turn to the internet to buy new cars and EVs.

Constant increases of their expenses on their big box operations and lower profits.

Based on our research, they believe the future of automotive retail will be digital and direct to consumer.

you sound like every rotten customer that walks in the door .
Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

trotrof1

The expansion of the EV market is projected to eliminate 40% of automotive jobs nationwide such as mechanics. Partly the reason the UAW is on their current contract push.

deathsled

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on September 08, 2023, 11:08:22 PM
Modern technology. The tail lamp housing on this 2018 Ford truck leaked and corroded the electrical connectors in it. For most vehicles it is a relatively cheap fix. You replace the tail lamp, clean out the connectors and replace the bulbs. Not so simple on this truck. There is an anti-collision sensor in the housing. That sensor is on a shared bus with many other components so when the connector got corroded it bricked the truck. The truck had to be towed to the repair shop. The tail lamp is 10x the price of most at $1,200-1,400 each. The anti-collision sensor had to be replaced as well and it is on backorder. Apparently the vehicle will not drive without that anti-collision sensor so they had to pay out the rear to get one. Total cost of this repair, $5,600.

https://youtu.be/MUkFsuilVD0
Can we have the 1960s back?  Please?  Without the Vietnam war etc.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

FL SAAC

Quote from: trotrof1 on September 09, 2023, 12:00:29 PM
The expansion of the EV market is projected to eliminate 40% of automotive jobs nationwide such as mechanics. Partly the reason the UAW is on their current contract push.

Agreed

Sad but true, will also affect outside of the automotive world. They call these ripples in the economy

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

I have all UNGOLD cars

gt350shelb

from a person  who cant keep a gasoline car from catching fire  cant wait to see you service  your electric car from home.

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: FL SAAC on September 09, 2023, 11:39:26 AMBased on our research, they believe the future of automotive retail will be digital and direct to consumer.

The Japan sales model. First you apply for and get a parking spot. Then you call the manufacturer to stop by with the brochures of what's available. You place your order and in a few days your car shows up. Other interesting Japan car facts - no self serve stations. You'll be greeted by a team in their company uniforms and they will pump your gas check the air, water, oil and of course wash all the windows. If you car is dirty - you get a ticket. If your car has a dent you have 5 days to get it fixed - with new parts not repaired or used ones, or you get a ticket.

427heaven

Thats why 99.3 percent walk or ride Bicycles, Maybe we need to do a little more exersizin :-[

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: FL SAAC on September 09, 2023, 05:58:37 PMThen there is this guy
Sears is a prime example of asleep at the wheel. They could have been Amazon but refused to budge from their "retail" thinking. I always used to look at the Sears ads just to see how much I saved by buying elsewhere - and that was before the internet.

FL SAAC

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on September 10, 2023, 01:55:56 PM
Quote from: FL SAAC on September 09, 2023, 05:58:37 PMThen there is this guy
Sears is a prime example of asleep at the wheel. They could have been Amazon but refused to budge from their "retail" thinking. I always used to look at the Sears ads just to see how much I saved by buying elsewhere - and that was before the internet.

You think SEARs will ever disappear.......naaaaah impossible

I have all UNGOLD cars

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: FL SAAC on September 11, 2023, 07:39:47 AMYou think SEARs will ever disappear.......naaaaah impossible

Who? I consider they died when Craftsman was sold...... The name continues the original company died in 2005 when Kmart bought them but the decline continued.

Sears Holdings Corporation was an American holding company headquartered in Hoffman Estates, Illinois. It was the parent company of the chain stores Kmart and Sears and was founded after the former purchased the latter in 2005. It was the 20th-largest retailing company in the United States in 2015. It filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy on October 15, 2018, and sold its assets to ESL Investments in 2019. The new owner moved Sears assets to its newly formed subsidiary Transform Holdco LLC and after that, Sears Holdings Corporation was closed.

FL SAAC

The key word is WAS  as you emphasized

I have all UNGOLD cars