News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

6S1387 - Bring A Trailer

Started by silverton_ford, September 10, 2023, 11:03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

silverton_ford

Link:  https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1966-shelby-gt350h-fastback/

Description:
This 1966 Shelby Mustang GT350H was dispatched from Shelby American's Los Angeles office on March 17, 1966, and was delivered new to The Hertz Corporation in National City, California. It was refurbished under previous ownership before it was purchased by the selling dealer in 2023. The car is finished in black with gold stripes over black vinyl upholstery, and power comes from a replacement 289ci HiPo V8 linked to a C4 three-speed automatic transmission. Equipment includes a four-barrel carburetor, a dual exhaust system, front disc brakes, 10-spoke 14″ alloy wheels, hood and bodyside scoops, a dash-mounted tachometer, a push-button AM radio, and latch-and-link front harnesses. This GT350H is now offered copies of Shelby American sales documentation, SAAC correspondence, and a Florida title.

Approximately 1,000 GT350H examples were produced as part of a partnership between Ford and the Hertz car rental company. This example was repainted black with gold stripes under previous ownership and features a hood scoop, plexiglass rear quarter windows, fiberglass brake-cooling scoops on the quarter panels, and a chrome bullet-style side mirror.

The 14″ 10-spoke alloy wheels are mounted with Goodyear Blue Streak white-letter tires. Shelby chassis modifications included revised front suspension geometry, and Koni shocks have been fitted. Stopping power is provided by front discs and rear drums.

The cabin features front bucket seats and a folding rear bench trimmed in black vinyl along with color-coordinated door panels and carpets. Features include a Ford-branded AM radio, a heater, front latch-and-link harnesses, black rubber Mustang-branded front floor mats, and rear lap belts. A competition brake warning sticker is affixed to the center of the dash.

The woodgrain steering wheel exhibits cracking and fronts a 140-mph speedometer flanked by gauges for fuel level, oil pressure, coolant temperature, and battery voltage. A Shelby-branded tach is mounted atop the dash. The five-digit odometer shows 64k miles. Total mileage is unknown.

The replacement 289ci HiPo V8 was installed under previous ownership and features a four-barrel carburetor mounted on a high-rise aluminum intake manifold as well as finned valve covers. A carburetor adjustment and an oil change were reportedly performed by the selling dealer.

Power is sent to the rear wheels through a C4 three-speed automatic transmission.

Copies of Shelby American sales documentation accompany the sale, including a sales invoice dated March 17, 1966, that lists a total price of $3,859.

silverton_ford

CSX4781

I particularly like the backup light assemblies being used for front turn signals. Same as it was when a buddy flew out to CA to look at it 6 years ago......

Dave

Bobby Crumpley

The backup light front turn signals are indeed a nice touch. Inboard or outboard driving lights? No, that's a '67 thing, this car has underboards.
Bobby Crumpley
MCA#20316
www.houstonvaporblasting.com

CharlesTurner

Have to say that's the first time I've ever seen that done on a car.   ??? ???
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

J_Speegle

Yes a little worst that the "cock eyed" back up lights (installed on the wrong side of the car) we see on some cars. Of course either tends to speak volumes for some people.
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

5s386

Driven 160 miles since March of 2017. Should be interesting commentary over the next 5 days.

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

SCJSTU

soooo what does the Good Book say about this car?
1969 Shelby GT350 convertible 4 speed/ AC
Built Jan 1969 Red/Black

1967 S-Code 4 spd Black/Parchment
2004 Mustang Mach 1
1956 Ford F-100 Big Window 392 Hemi
1957 F-100 Fridge
1963 Falcon Ranchero
1961 Econoline PU
1961 Falcon 2 dr wagon
1970 Challenger R/T vert 4 speed
1970 Chevy Blazer 2WD

s2ms

I dunno, kinda like the reverse lights up front. Possibly the car was a test mule for fog lights.... :o
Dave - 6S1757

Coralsnake

The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

greekz

Interesting use of the lights.  I just checked the BaT site and there are no backup lights on the rear valance.  Or, were my eyes deceiving me.
SFM 6S1134  '67 GT-350 #2339

SCJSTU

Quote from: greekz on September 11, 2023, 06:22:57 PM
Interesting use of the lights.  I just checked the BaT site and there are no backup lights on the rear valance.  Or, were my eyes deceiving me.
1969 Shelby GT350 convertible 4 speed/ AC
Built Jan 1969 Red/Black

1967 S-Code 4 spd Black/Parchment
2004 Mustang Mach 1
1956 Ford F-100 Big Window 392 Hemi
1957 F-100 Fridge
1963 Falcon Ranchero
1961 Econoline PU
1961 Falcon 2 dr wagon
1970 Challenger R/T vert 4 speed
1970 Chevy Blazer 2WD

mgreene

Is it just me, or does the shape of the hood scoop opening look a little strange, especially when compared to the one in the post above (#1387)? Almost looks a little like C2 Corvette opening.
'66 GT-350H
'69 428SCJ Mach 1
'72 Pantera

shelbydoug

I think it is just the camera angle?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!