News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Why the United Auto Workers union is poised to strike this week

Started by FL SAAC, September 12, 2023, 09:12:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL SAAC

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on September 15, 2023, 05:26:47 PM
Give it to them. Bankrupt the company. Close and sell off all the assets. Reopen as different company and hire those who will work without a union. I'd suggest this will be GMs route. They want to produce all their cars off shore. They love China - no retirement or social security and government healthcare.

Reminds me of the great Charlie Sheen ... Winning !
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

427heaven

A good place to start the healing process..... Get rid of the woman running G M and start over with a more acceptable, yearly wage, 34 million dollars? They dont value there employees as most of the fortune 500 companies. Not sure why the Union bashing?, There is always Taco Bell , the local hay and feed store, or the local convenience store to pay the bills of some members on here and their families. There is a reason why Unions were created in the First place, to Guarantee wages and conditions. This allows the working man to be able to afford everyday life. Taco bell does have a meal allowance hmmm.

TOBKOB

1969 GT350 owned since 1970

FL SAAC

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

I have all UNGOLD cars

shelbymann1970

Quote from: FL SAAC on September 17, 2023, 07:48:28 AM
Touche !

Ford and GM announce hundreds of temporary layoffs on non-striking workers : NPR
https://www.npr.org/2023/09/16/1199999878/ford-and-gm-announce-hundreds-of-temporary-layoffs-with-no-compensation-due-to-s
Tony, you are vey much a troll on here. You want a reaction of union workers here(well you are getting my response so congrats)? Divide and conquer? You are a sad little boy. I agree with 427heaven as in why the union bashing? Oh, I understand union bashing from business owners. Unions generally get more for their workers in every working class field. For those of you anti union people living under a rock the buying power of those autoworkers have been whittled down since 2009. INFLATION. benefit cuts.  GM workers got a total of 6 percent raises over the last 4 years. I'm sure a troll can even add how their buying power went down because of inflation. But is goes way back to 2009. Pension amounts have been frozen to 2010 levels. How much can 2010 dollars buy today?
Yeah, not only am I a UAW worker since 1978 in skilled trades but have been a UAW committeeman since 2017 so fully understand collective bargaining. So Tony you posting the demands and calling them a manifesto? LOL. Only an idiot (you maybe?) would ask for what you wanted and negotiate and end up with less. 32 hours work for 40 hours pay? yeah, right, just a bargaining ploy.
Ship the jobs overseas some say? LOL. Right now we got a bunch of messed up body dies from Brazil we are trying to fix. GM gave up on them and shipped them to us. We are the only die build facility in North America for GM(Ford and Chrysler have none as Ford dies get built in China(mostly) and worked into shape in America). I know guys who spend months fixing the POS dies but Ford deems that to be cheaper than building them here.
98SVT - was 06GT you saying "give it to them it will bankrupt the company" is such a falsehood I don't know where to start on that one. Labor is 3-5 percent of a vehicle. What is the profit margin on a truck? As Fain said you could double the wages and the auto companies would still make billions. One source says Ford makes 10-13K on each F-150 they sell. So explain the "bankrupt" thing to me again...
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

shelbymann1970

Quote from: tesgt350 on September 15, 2023, 06:53:17 AM
Quote from: FL SAAC on September 14, 2023, 08:05:55 PM
Lastedt and I think it's a great offer from GM

I think the comrades should take it......

I would add one more item.  "The Recall Clause".  For what they want and will be getting, there needs to be a "Recall Clause".  We all know that a section of People are the ones responsible for most of the Recalls by way of, building a bad part or installing a part wrong, that section of People should be responsible for the cost of repairs.  You add up the cost, divide it by the number of People who built the part or who installed the part wrong, and that is their share of the cost and they make payments with each paycheck.  We know that Robots can be responsible for a Recall BUT, wasn't it a person who programed it?  SO, if they have a "Recall Clause" maybe Job 1 will BE Job 1 again.
Next time you have a recall and bring you vehicle in for it ask who made the part? The company or a supplier? Think about that. Probably a non union made part  ;D ;D
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

FL SAAC

I have all UNGOLD cars