Author Topic: Anyone have a process or a vendor to restore 10 spokes?  (Read 86 times)

cboss70

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
I have a friend who's not an internet guy who had a set of 10 spokes bead blasted and is trying to figure out the best way to restore the original look. Are there any shops who restore them who I could refer him to?  Also, I think he'd rather do it himself and used to own a body shop and is pretty handy- is there an efficient process to get the polish look back to the wheels and a correct paint color he can use. He believes them to be correct 68's.  I'll pass along any of your recommendations. Thanks.

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
  • Elite Contributor
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
Re: Anyone have a process or a vendor to restore 10 spokes?
« Reply #1 on: Today at 08:52:24 AM »
You can try Jesse at Shelby Parts in Green Bay
Freely sharing information since 2000 at www.theCoralsnake.com

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Today at 09:34:14 AM »
I have a friend who's not an internet guy who had a set of 10 spokes bead blasted and is trying to figure out the best way to restore the original look. Are there any shops who restore them who I could refer him to?  Also, I think he'd rather do it himself and used to own a body shop and is pretty handy- is there an efficient process to get the polish look back to the wheels and a correct paint color he can use. He believes them to be correct 68's.  I'll pass along any of your recommendations. Thanks.
They were not polished. They were machined in a lath set up to get them shiny. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the many wheel repair shops could do it. So many factory wheels are aluminum now days many have sprung up all over.Polished will get them shiny but if you want them like factory then you want to see the thin machine lines . Polished is deducted as incorrect in concours for example.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

tesgt350

• View Profile
    • FRIENDS OF THE HAWK
« Reply #3 on: Today at 11:05:35 AM »
They were not polished. They were machined in a lath set up to get them shiny. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the many wheel repair shops could do it. So many factory wheels are aluminum now days many have sprung up all over.Polished will get them shiny but if you want them like factory then you want to see the thin machine lines . Polished is deducted as incorrect in concours for example.

Were the insides of the Spokes (68 & 66 10 Spokes) more of a Sand Cast texture?