News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Random car pictures

Started by 1109RWHP, January 22, 2018, 12:02:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WT6066-2600

Didn't know what I was missing, Joe Dirt is definitely a class act.

roddster

I watched the episode too.  Was stolen and missing the engine, trans, seat belts and retractors, wheels too.  Current owners said at one time it had a 302 in it.  The engine compartment was shown engineless.  They had a 428 that they said was a CJ engine.  Funny thing I noticed was that there seemed to be a 68 steering column laying inside the car.
  The "person" they called was Richard Ellis of I guess the 67 SuperSnake fame. (They never mentioned that point).
    The body looked pretty good, not any rust shown.  Not sure if the front nose was a Branda repop or not, but in did not show any of the lime green original paint on it.  And yes, no hood as it was lost when a tornado came through.
  They current owner said they were offered $75,000 for it from somebody in Florida four years ago.  Yes, needed paint, and reassembly or as mentioned just slap it together for a roller.  At the time of filming, the car was still in Alabama.

honker

Any ideas as to where this is taken ?

Mike

sd427

I'm pretty sure Mike Wolfe mentioned the Super Snake in the show.

Coralsnake

propayne

Reminiscent of the cover for the "How To Sharpen a Cougar's Claws" brochure.

- Phillip

President, Delmarva Cougar Club - Brand Manager, Cougar Club of America

propayne

Here's one gleaned off of the inter-webs that brings back a lot of memories for me.

- Phillip

President, Delmarva Cougar Club - Brand Manager, Cougar Club of America

6R07mi

Quote from: Coralsnake on July 19, 2022, 07:46:08 AM
Heres my guess : Fords test track

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_fzTpCEP82M

The Cougar photo is in my opinion the Ford Dearborn test track based on the buildings in the background, they look very much what the trackside buildings would appear back in the 60's. Most still exist today with modernizations & additions changing the appearance.

The "u-tube" video is defiantly the Ford MPG (Michigan Proving Grounds) in Romeo, MI based on the hills, clumps of trees, the banked hi-speed section with trees.  It is a much more rural setting.
This is the track Ken Miles 1st drove GT/106 in April 1965 and reached 210 mph.

The Dearborn track is where 5R537 as the 67 GT500 development test vehicle set the 2nd fastest lap time to Dan Gurneys's MK-II lap time.
This is the track with the curvy red brick wall on the north side that is across from Greenfield Village.

regards,
jim p
Former owner 6S283, 70 "Boss351", 66 GT 6F07, 67 FB GT
current: 66 GT former day 2 track car 6R07
20+ yrs Ford Parts Mgr, now Meritor Defense

6R07mi

video showing more details of Dearborn track

https://youtu.be/mMfgXgT7Lcc

jim p
Former owner 6S283, 70 "Boss351", 66 GT 6F07, 67 FB GT
current: 66 GT former day 2 track car 6R07
20+ yrs Ford Parts Mgr, now Meritor Defense

honker

Quote from: honker on July 18, 2022, 10:59:00 PM
Any ideas as to where this is taken ?

Mike

Thanks for the informative answers, and images !

WT6066-2600

Friend forwarded this today

davez

rhjanes

Quote from: davez on July 19, 2022, 10:49:31 PM
Dated August 1, 2022?
Marty and Doc Brown messing around again.
Pirating!  Corporate take-over without the paperwork

WT6066-2600

No Flux capacitor, just August edition of Old Cars