News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Random car pictures

Started by 1109RWHP, January 22, 2018, 12:02:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

That's what pointless dent removal is for.It'll pull right out! ::)

FL SAAC

the pinto everyone wanted Ford to build
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

FL SAAC

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

I have all UNGOLD cars

s2ms

A few found via pinterest...
Dave - 6S1757

s2ms

Dave - 6S1757

propayne

Technically designed by Ed Newton and built by Ed Roth (fab work by Dan Woods, interior by Joe Perez and paint by Dirty Doug).

At various times called the Megahauler, Megacycle and Captain Pepi's Motorcycle & Zeppelin Repair.

I'm a big fan of Ed Newton aka Newt.

Never have seen that Mustang attributed to Ed Roth.

- Phillip

President, Delmarva Cougar Club - Brand Manager, Cougar Club of America

mark p

"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

honker

propayne, coming back to the Mustang with kustom paint in reply #3948 above. I looked through the two books I have on Ed Roth,

also did  an internet search, no mention of Roth and Mustangs, not to say he didn't put a brush or throw some paint at one in his

time. I found the site where that Mustang was posted, see image below with some extra info, no mention of who did the paint,

could be at the Oakland Roadster show ? I think it was called something else by '69-'70 ? The only reference I came across of Rat

Fink/Ed Roth  and Mustangs is this '69 model put out by Ertl for Matco Tools images below.

Mike

tesgt350

Quote from: honker on December 18, 2022, 04:12:18 PM
propayne, coming back to the Mustang with kustom paint in reply #3948 above. I looked through the two books I have on Ed Roth,

also did  an internet search, no mention of Roth and Mustangs, not to say he didn't put a brush or throw some paint at one in his

time. I found the site where that Mustang was posted, see image below with some extra info, no mention of who did the paint,

could be at the Oakland Roadster show ? I think it was called something else by '69-'70 ? The only reference I came across of Rat

Fink/Ed Roth  and Mustangs is this '69 model put out by Ertl for Matco Tools images below.

Mike

That Mustang looks like it was painted by someone in the "Low Rider" Scene.

TA Coupe

The 1962 Ford Cougar 406 was a concept car for the Thunderbird built by Dean Jeffries for Ford Motor Company. The futuristic build featured top hinged, electrically operated Mercedes 300 SL-type gull-wing doors, [1] and headlights that were concealed in the tips of the front fenders. The car had covers in front of the headlights that rotated down.[2] Power came from a 406 cubic inch V-8. The engine developed 405 horsepower and 448 pound feet of torque.
Link to the info about this car:
https://kustomrama.com/wiki/1962_Ford_Cougar_406#Cougars_and_Mustangs
If it starts it's streetable.
Overkill is just enough.

honker

Quote from: tesgt350 on December 19, 2022, 07:03:42 AM
Quote from: honker on December 18, 2022, 04:12:18 PM

Mike

That Mustang looks like it was painted by someone in the "Low Rider" Scene.

My search and reply #3954 in relation to Roth and that Mustang, was to do with FL SAAC's post reply 3948 where it's said that it

was a Roth creation.

Side-Oilers

Quote from: TA Coupe on December 19, 2022, 07:17:37 AM
The 1962 Ford Cougar 406 was a concept car for the Thunderbird built by Dean Jeffries for Ford Motor Company. The futuristic build featured top hinged, electrically operated Mercedes 300 SL-type gull-wing doors, [1] and headlights that were concealed in the tips of the front fenders. The car had covers in front of the headlights that rotated down.[2] Power came from a 406 cubic inch V-8. The engine developed 405 horsepower and 448 pound feet of torque.
Link to the info about this car:
https://kustomrama.com/wiki/1962_Ford_Cougar_406#Cougars_and_Mustangs

If that was supposed to be a forward-looking design to 1962 (and as a T-Bird to boot) Dean sure put a lot of mid-50s lines and touches on it.
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

honker

Stroh's Cougar  :o not sure if this is back in the day 1989, is the car in vintage racing ?

If you read through the ad quite the success in 1989 ! captured the IMSA manufacturers championship in its first year.

Mike