News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Random car pictures

Started by 1109RWHP, January 22, 2018, 12:02:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

honker

Randy, thanks for the info on my link to the  write up on the Bonneville Mustangs.

Mike

sd427

Quote from: Side-Oilers on January 28, 2021, 04:23:10 PM
Notice that three of the four kids (including the girl) appear to have fresh scabs on their knees.   

Every kid in my neighborhood, when I was around that age, had skinned knees. Usually recurring on a daily basis.  Our parents would just spray some Bactine or Unguentine on them and off we'd go to play some more.  No big deal.  No lawsuits.

And those iron-on patches on the knees of our jeans. I remember asking my mom to iron them on the inside of the pant legs, to be less conspicuous.

gt350hr

Quote from: honker on January 28, 2021, 04:40:29 PM
Randy, thanks for the info on my link to the  write up on the Bonneville Mustangs.

Mike

Mike ,
As you know I always enjoy people reviving the stuff , but when "glaring" differences are stated it's in everyone's best interest that "we" correct the information quickly to avoid "age old" myths like ''Made in Mexico" blocks being "high nickel" content that was started in the '80s and is NOT true.
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

jguyer

Found this one from 2011 in Dearborn.

Dated 6/12/2011.

"Never trust a man that don't eat cornbread, or a woman that don't cook it"

honker

Ford display at the '68 L.A. auto show, I think this was at the Pan-Pacific  ? Beautiful building, long gone !

It would be cool to have that large Ford display for the garage !

Mike

Side-Oilers

Quote from: 1109RWHP on February 01, 2021, 05:03:25 PM

Cool period snapshot.   Reminds of summertime in the early '70s, visiting my grandmother when I was 14-15 or so, riding my Schwinn Sting Ray around the neighborhood checking out the muscle cars parked in front of the houses. 

This Cougar has just the right amount of dust, the right stance (Keystone mags) and look about it to jog those great memories.

Can anyone make out the license plate? State? 

Going off the design of the house's updated front door, and other trim, I'd guess this photo was shot sometime in the mid-late '80s....maybe even early '90s.
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

wcampbell

Jack Griffith and Mark Donohue planned on competing against the COBRA in '64 but by the time Griffith had his operation running the A production class rules had changed and adjusting to the changing market proved a challenge financially. He and Donohue did start with a vision for racing and while they didn't build a "factory" race car per se the lightweight was the closest a Griffith would ever come to being the COBRA's track competitor.... enter Griffith's 200 lightweight chassis #1 - the "R" model of Griffiths

- 1st of 3 built
- 3" lowered drivetrain over production Griffiths
- 1450 pounds curb weight
- 289 HIPO w/ 48 IDAs
- Close ratio toploader
- '64 Corvette differential installed

Side-Oilers

Quote from: wcampbell on February 01, 2021, 10:36:40 PM
Jack Griffith and Mark Donohue planned on competing against the COBRA in '64 but by the time Griffith had his operation running the A production class rules had changed and adjusting to the changing market proved a challenge financially. He and Donohue did start with a vision for racing and while they didn't build a "factory" race car per se the lightweight was the closest a Griffith would ever come to being the COBRA's track competitor.... enter Griffith's 200 lightweight chassis #1 - the "R" model of Griffiths

- 1st of 3 built
- 3" lowered drivetrain over production Griffiths
- 1450 pounds curb weight
- 289 HIPO w/ 48 IDAs
- Close ratio toploader
- '64 Corvette differential installed

Cool.  The perfect car for those who think a Cobra is too easy to drive on a race course.
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

FL SAAC

Well, well, well....180 mph hauling moonshine in a Toe-Rhino
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert