Author Topic: Random car pictures  (Read 283508 times)

pbf777

• View Profile
Re: Random car pictures
« Reply #3045 on: July 22, 2021, 11:40:07 AM »

I really like these period engine photos, as often even with the greatest of efforts in old race car restorations it just seems to often these things are exhibited just not as they actually were and also often with more modern components managing to be included in the engine compartment.
     But the purpose of my posting is that as much as I like this photo, but the execution in the Heim Joint or spherical rod ends utilized for the function of the throttle linkage just stands out as a potential failure (a.k.a. a F#@k-UP!); and this provides an opportunity to point out to others something not to do.  Namely this being the excessive exposure of the threaded sections of the rod-ends to the hex-links as this makes for weakness of the connector assembly enhancing the possibility of bending, and or perhaps failure do to just a lack of reasonable tread engagement of the link.     ;)

Just food for thought; and it was just buggin' me each time I looked at it!    :o

Scott.

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
Re: Random car pictures
« Reply #3046 on: July 23, 2021, 12:14:21 AM »
Shot, in I believe Cobo Hall, at the 1984 Detroit F1 race. Cobras by North American Fiberglass

Mike

ps: not the best image, two photos put together  ;)

That is probably the best looking Daytona I have ever seen. 

😳
« Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 12:17:33 AM by 2112 »