Author Topic: Random car pictures  (Read 717267 times)

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Random car pictures
« Reply #3465 on: March 10, 2022, 08:31:37 AM »
Article on Dracula Jr car

Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3466 on: March 10, 2022, 02:12:11 PM »

Truthfully I'm kinda scared of contacting Dracula Jr....

He's actually a very nice and shy guy. I know several Hwood kids - they are all seem to be shy from being taught to be in the background and not steal any attention from their parent.

What's up with the Nelsons? I had heard from one of the twins. Gunther I think? He/they still had the Shelby. He didn't mention the Pantera though?

Why was "Rick" so willing to rent those out to the "movie industry"? Did he need the money? I never understood that?

Are these the Nelsons cars ?

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3467 on: March 10, 2022, 02:15:20 PM »
After seeing the red Pantera this yellow one caught my eye also

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

gt350hr

• Randy Gillis in real life - 5353 original posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3468 on: March 10, 2022, 03:32:06 PM »
 It's certainly a lopsided view.
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3469 on: March 10, 2022, 03:36:13 PM »
The red Pantera and the Lime 68 GT500 were/are. Both were used in "The Immortal".
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3470 on: March 10, 2022, 03:38:06 PM »
The red Pantera and the Lime 68 GT500 were/are. Both were used in "The Immortal".

So those are / where his cars ?

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #3471 on: March 10, 2022, 09:42:49 PM »
There was a K Mustang in Covina in the mid-late 60s with this nose and fiberglass doors. Guy said he knew a guy at Shelby's and most to parts came out the back door. Weber's R Model tank and everything else you could stick on it. It wasn't licensed and ran a Bonneville. Where he lived it got sold and retail built on the spot. I've been looking for years to find it an run the number past Howard.

What color and body type. The nose was built in NorCal. Last time I saw the molds before they went to the dump and were crushed was at the plant at that time across the tracks from the Miliptas/San Jose Ford plant

There was one car with a standard style front end in SoCal that was used in a B movie and destroyed as part of the filming/plot if you can call it that. Would have to look up when it was filmed but believe it was in the 80's
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3472 on: March 15, 2022, 08:55:19 PM »
Happy trails to you until we meet again

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

Terry Curry

• View Profile
« Reply #3473 on: March 16, 2022, 06:08:54 PM »
Seeing that FiberFab sign brings back memories. My dad flew a cropduster from right behind the FiberFab building and I used to help him on the weekends loading the plane and when we drove in, we would see all these car bodies lined up outside. Good times.

Copescobra

• SAAC Member
  • SAAC member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3474 on: March 17, 2022, 12:27:45 AM »
Pantera is looking good in yellow
1969 SCJ 428
1970 Boss 302
2012 Boss 302

Cobra Ned

• SAAC Registrar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3475 on: March 17, 2022, 08:52:42 AM »
I visited the Rogers' ranch once, many years ago. Both Trigger, Roy's horse, and Buttermilk, Dale Evans' horse, had recently died. They decided since they were so famous to have both of them saved and stuffed for an exhibit. I recall Dale speaking with the taxidermist, and when he asked how she thought they should be mounted, she said, "No, don't do that, put them side by side instead. They were just good friends."  :)

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3476 on: March 17, 2022, 09:20:49 AM »
The XPAK 400 was built and designed by Barris Kustoms in 1959. Barris fans remember the XPAK 400 as an early attempt at creating a car that would never experience a flat tire. That’s because the XPAK 400 rode on a cushion of air, and had no wheels or tires.

The car, sponsored by Car Craft magazine, was elevated 5 inches above the ground, thanks to a series of 20-inch cast aluminum fans positioned on the vehicle’s belly pan. The fans pointed downward to blow air that would raise the car above the road surface.

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3477 on: March 17, 2022, 09:22:35 AM »

The total length for the XPAK400 was 12 feet, measuring 6 feet wide and 30 inches high. The aluminum and plastic body was painted pearl lacquer.

To underscore the importance of the XPAK 400, Motor Trend magazine, one of Car Craft’s sister publications within the Petersen Publishing family, proclaimed Barris’ air car “the most valuable contribution to the automotive industry of the year,” as stated in the 1961 show program.

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3478 on: March 17, 2022, 09:23:48 AM »

George Barris put the XPAK 400 in storage at Van Nuys airport when it was done touring the shows. Years later when he went to recover it, he was shocked to found out that the car was done. It had been sold off to settle a debt. In 2022 the whereabouts of the old Barris air car were still unknown.

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3479 on: March 17, 2022, 01:29:11 PM »
The Twig

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy