News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Random car pictures

Started by 1109RWHP, January 22, 2018, 12:02:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL SAAC

Quote from: propayne on February 24, 2023, 08:12:40 AM
This is a quote from that listing attributed to designer Chris Bebee that the original Z was inspired by his Jamaican design - which to me is obviously inspired by the Miura.

Nothing is created in a vacuum, as the saying goes.

I've always dug the Jamaican - the rear 3/4 view is particularly pleasing. Proportions aren't funky like a lot of the other Fiberfab cars.

- Phillip

BEAUTIFUL
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

FL SAAC

Sorry folks its a Chuby, but you can smell the rubber in the air

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

Last Chuby, don't care who you are but you have to cringe at this injustice....t-tops installed on this 1969 Camaro

Reminds me of a 1969 GT500 than ran through our town, the owner  a known cretin cut and installed a "sun roof"  how kool....not !

I have all UNGOLD cars

tesgt350

Quote from: FL SAAC on February 24, 2023, 11:56:45 AM
Last Chuby, don't care who you are but you have to cringe at this injustice....t-tops installed on this 1969 Camaro

Reminds me of a 1969 GT500 than ran through our town, the owner  a known cretin cut and installed a "sun roof"  how kool....not !

Looks good to me.  I would prefer T-Tops to a Convertible.

Wedgeman

not a Chebby...NOT SORRY!!.... ;D

FL SAAC

Everyone's favourite.....the  lovely Linda Vaughn on the deck of an airplane carrier

I have all UNGOLD cars

pbf777

This story is in response to the burn-out.

When we first moved into this building 40 years ago we had displaced a mobile food vendor fleet business, and I won't go into details but experiencing through observation of the lack of sanitation coupled with a rodent population that would have made "Willard" jealous, I don't eat off any of those "roach-coaches"!  :o  But anyway, it was time for a new set of rear tires for my '72 Mach1, and being that there was still some rubber attached to the cords I decided I'd get the rest of my value from them, so one day at closing time I pulled into the shop, shut the doors, and began a burnout to end all burnouts!   ::)

At first it was just a gag with the guys, then it became a challenge to see just how dense a cloud and how little visibility could be had inside a building!  After a couple of minutes everyone else had bailed from the building, but I persisted on, until I just no longer could breath, and I'm pretty thick headed so I assure you, it was bad, and I probably should have received oxygen when I finally gave up and bailed out of the building (come to think of it, this may be one of the events that has led to my current brain-dead stupidity  ::)), locked-up and left for the night.

The next morning upon entering the building, hundreds of dead roaches on the floor everywhere!  :o  This proved to be the best de-bugging pest treatment I have ever witnessed, along with there were no more rodents or any other pests about any longer either!   ;)

I had gotten better results from my old used tires than any service from the Orkin guy!  And cancelled his contract the next month!   8) 

Scott.     

Nice thing about that is you have to "treat the area"on a regular basis.A gift that keeps on giving if you will..... ;)

Side-Oilers

^^^ That's a great story!  "Goodyear Kills Bugs Fast!"

A friend and I did a similar stunt in an office building where we worked.  It had underground parking, so we came in one morning very early and did a two-car massive burnout on the lowest floor.  It was glorious watching the smoke slowly waft up to the different levels. The sound echoing from our built V8s was pretty bitchin too.

But, what we hadn't counted on, was the response on the people coming to work. Nearly all of the people called building security, and several called the fire department. It was the talk of the building. My friend and I stayed in our offices, doors closed, for the rest of the day. That night when we left, there was still some smoke lingering, plus a LOT of rubber smell.

The next day, building management sent our office (perhaps to every tenant as well, but we were the car magazine company...so I think they knew where to look) warning about the dangers of speeding in the structure.  Well, technically, we weren't speeding. Never once did our cars exceed 15 mph.  (But, our rear tires probably hit 100.)

Good times!
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

tesgt350

Then you wont like this........

tesgt350

It was at the 50th Anniversary in Charlotte.

TA Coupe

Quote from: pbf777 on February 24, 2023, 02:24:16 PM
    This story is in response to the burn-out.

When we first moved into this building 40 years ago we had displaced a mobile food vendor fleet business, and I won't go into details but experiencing through observation of the lack of sanitation coupled with a rodent population that would have made "Willard" jealous, I don't eat off any of those "roach-coaches"!  :o  But anyway, it was time for a new set of rear tires for my '72 Mach1, and being that there was still some rubber attached to the cords I decided I'd get the rest of my value from them, so one day at closing time I pulled into the shop, shut the doors, and began a burnout to end all burnouts!   ::)

At first it was just a gag with the guys, then it became a challenge to see just how dense a cloud and how little visibility could be had inside a building!  After a couple of minutes everyone else had bailed from the building, but I persisted on, until I just no longer could breath, and I'm pretty thick headed so I assure you, it was bad, and I probably should have received oxygen when I finally gave up and bailed out of the building (come to think of it, this may be one of the events that has led to my current brain-dead stupidity  ::)), locked-up and left for the night.

The next morning upon entering the building, hundreds of dead roaches on the floor everywhere!  :o  This proved to be the best de-bugging pest treatment I have ever witnessed, along with there were no more rodents or any other pests about any longer either!   ;)

I had gotten better results from my old used tires than any service from the Orkin guy!  And cancelled his contract the next month!   8) 

Scott.   

I was at Mostly Mustangs In Oakland California years ago when a customer came in and said he wanted a new or rebuilt engine for his Mustang. After he left the owner decided to see how long the engine would last with the pedal to the metal. After about 3 or 4 minutes it started smoking and ran us out of the garage after a few more. We went outside and surprisingly the car ran for a total of about 12 minutes before the BIG BANG. Don't remember seeing any bugs in that shop after that either. Had to stay outside for about a half hour before we could go back in.

Roy
If it starts it's streetable.
Overkill is just enough.

s2ms

I think the Hertz photo one has been posted elsewhere here, not sure about the photo with Twiggy...
Dave - 6S1757

FL SAAC

Quote from: tesgt350 on February 24, 2023, 03:23:14 PM

Then you wont like this..

You and I know that person is going straight to H. E double hockey sticks......no PURGATORY straight to, you know......

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

And this is the car that changed the complete snack and chips business

The Cheetah

Who would have thunk?

I have all UNGOLD cars