News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Random car pictures

Started by 1109RWHP, January 22, 2018, 12:02:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I love Day 2 more than most, but not that kind of stuff  :-X

Bigfoot

Old Skool

RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

FL SAAC

another angle of the golden nugget

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

propayne

One of the two factory Boss 429 Cougars - "Dyno" Don's to be more specific.

Now owned and being put back together by our own "Special Ed"

- Phillip
President, Delmarva Cougar Club - Brand Manager, Cougar Club of America

Bigfoot

Is that orange stripes on orange or orange stripes on red?
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Special Ed

Orange stripes over Candy paint . We know who painted the car back then & the original fiberglass doors still had all the original paint still on the jambs & insides & the backside of the rear qtr. end caps (that were never exposed ) had all original candy paint so i left the original paint on them. I have 20 or so  original detailed photos of the car inside underside trunk underhood & interior when it was  candy painted & assembled with complete fiberglass front end & doors & even fiberglass dash along with lexan glass & aluminum grill.

propayne

Ed could answer this better, but it looks to me like the car was red (but the orangy side of red) with bright orange stripes.

Of course, the car changed some during it's time racing - it looks like the word "ELIMINATOR" is white in some pics.

- Phillip

propayne

LOL! Ed DID answer this better  ;D

- Phillip

Mongo

8T03S143351-01330. GT500. Shipped to Sanders Motor Company, Inc. (Raleigh, NC) 1/30/68. IBM "actual cost" card shows $3833.71 to build. On 2/2/68 claim brief for vehicle loss and damage for l/door paint at a cost of $10.46 serviced at dealership. Date of sale 6/11/68. On 9/14/68 original owner Robert C. Malone (St. Louis, Missouri) had warranty service at dealership for clutch pedal sticks and w/shield latch broken and replace clock and tilt problems and deck lid at a cost of $140.09 with 6733 miles. Previous owner Mario C. Ramas (Beckley, WV). For sale on internet eBay July of 2003 located in Spartanburg, SC with 48,283 miles and is now painted 'white". Purchased by present owner Victor B. Riden III (Atlanta, GA) with 427 engine installed. For sale Jan 2011 located in Spartanburg, SC painted white.

Bigfoot

RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

honker

Special Ed

Yes phil  big ELIMINATOR orange lettered on top rear quarter at end of big orange body side stripe &  big  ELIMINATOR  orange lettered across top of rear spoiler & we have good photos of all that . This cougar had a unique rear battery tray & trunk floor reinforcement plate under battery tray & was all still in the car when i found it & its different than the  b9 mustangs since cougars have different trunk floors. I also have all the side decals nos & original 4'' mag front mag wheels & tires & austrailia  rh drive gearbox setup was still on the car mounted on outside lh frame rail & idler arm mounted on outside rh frame rail so none of the manual steering was in the way for better header clearance when the big BOSS 429 & 427 SOHC engines were in the car with 2x4 intakes. The 69-70 cougar eliminators were named after dyno don from when he named his 66 67 427 SOHC fairlane he raced had in big 12'' lettered ELIMINATOR on the whole side of that car as he eliminated the competition.