News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Random car pictures

Started by 1109RWHP, January 22, 2018, 12:02:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richstang

Quote from: gt350hr on February 15, 2018, 12:17:06 PM
I am really surprised at the amount of period "drag strip" photos of the cars.  I feel like an outcast because I have and continue to drag race mine.
  Randy

You're no outcast...just a true diehard!
I would love to show up at a track and see a genuine Shelby run the quarter.

1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

shelbydoug

"We" always knew that they were out there. It's probably just the Internet that has made them find-able. These folks probably still never heard of SAAC? Still lots of blank spaces in the Registry.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

gt350hr

Rich ,
     Attend SAAC 43 in August at Infineon Raceway. Mine will be there in the Original race class. 8 Original cars gunning to be THE fastest in attendance and win $$$ for doing it.
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

shelbydoug

Quote from: gt350hr on February 15, 2018, 01:31:14 PM
   Rich ,
     Attend SAAC 43 in August at Infineon Raceway. Mine will be there in the Original race class. 8 Original cars gunning to be THE fastest in attendance and win $$$ for doing it.

Too long of a drive for me.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Richstang

Quote from: gt350hr on February 15, 2018, 01:31:14 PM
   Rich ,

I would love to go, but being on the opposite coast makes it tough. I don't fly well these days with inner ear disorder.
I'm sure SAAC 43 will be spectacular with everything we're hearing.
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

gt350hr

"Maybe " someone will take a picture or two. Sorry you can't go , it would be cool to meet you. Thanks for all you contribute!
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

propayne

Just feel like posting...

Wonder where Moffat got that red hood  ;D

- Phillip

President, Delmarva Cougar Club - Brand Manager, Cougar Club of America

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

gt350shelb

Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

gt350shelb

here is a fun one from ebay a few years ago It was a 66 gt350 . missing the cowl and front clip
Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

CSX2259

Quote from: FL SAAC TONY on February 13, 2018, 05:45:21 PM

FL SAAC TONY,
What is your connection with the car in the photo? This Shelby was at SAAC 9. This photo was taken around 1981-82, the Torino that you can see in the left of the photo is a 1971 Torino Cobra it was powered by a 351. The street is Redmond Ave in San Jose, Ca. The intake on the Shelby is a "tunnel wedge" with two Holley 660 center squirters. The engine in the Shelby is a 427 with a 428 crank (454 ci) with a C6. The Shelby HAD steel flares all around with Centerline wheels front and rear. There was also a matching 1968 GT500 with steel flares, although the flares were slightly different on the '68 500, it was last know to be in San Marcos, Ca.

gt350shelb

Quote from: CSX2259 on February 18, 2018, 01:33:20 PM

FL SAAC TONY,
What is your connection with the car in the photo? This Shelby was at SAAC 9. This photo was taken around 1981-82, the Torino that you can see in the left of the photo is a 1971 Torino Cobra it was powered by a 351. The street is Redmond Ave in San Jose, Ca. The intake on the Shelby is a "tunnel wedge" with two Holley 660 center squirters. The engine in the Shelby is a 427 with a 428 crank (454 ci) with a C6. The Shelby HAD steel flares all around with Centerline wheels front and rear. There was also a matching 1968 GT500 with steel flares, although the flares were slightly different on the '68 500, it was last know to be in San Marcos, Ca.

Wow 😳

Are you a former owner?  😎

CSX2259

I had nearly bought each of the GT500s at one point. Both Shelby's were modified by a previous owner that had owned both cars in Los Angeles. I do not know what happened to the '68 Shelby but the '67 was reported stolen (not recovered). Unfortunately I do not recall the serial numbers of either car. I have photos of the '68 Shelby and I do know the names of both of the cars owners at the time.