News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Random car pictures

Started by 1109RWHP, January 22, 2018, 12:02:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pbf777

And, for the "Stage IV modification:  It appears to have adequate carburetor spacing for a conversion to four sideways mounted Dominators with counter rotational throttle travel for the opposing cylinder banks; and also, add the four chrome individual velocity stacks for each carburetor (one stack for each venturi, equaling 16 stacks!)  :o

Heck, I'd be afraid of you!     

Think big.............or stay home!     ::)

Scott.

shelbydoug

Quote from: gt350hr on April 26, 2019, 03:15:55 PM
  Scott , you beat me to it! I actually saw one of those in person. YES 426 wedge for "Stage III heads"  Chrysler engineers though the engine needed more carburetion but they did use smaller carbs ( 500 cfm ea) , No faster at the track and a real PIA to tune. VERY few were made because of that.
    Randy

Insanity can be colorful. Sometimes because it is so unexpected? I wonder if anyone would own up to authorizing that manifold?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Why stop there?Each carb needs a turbo (or supercharger)right? 8)

pbf777

Nope, "Power-Adders" are for wimps!   ;)

Scott.

gt350hr

Quote from: pbf777 on April 26, 2019, 06:09:18 PM
     And, for the "Stage IV modification:  It appears to have adequate carburetor spacing for a conversion to four sideways mounted Dominators with counter rotational throttle travel for the opposing cylinder banks; and also, add the four chrome individual velocity stacks for each carburetor (one stack for each venturi, equaling 16 stacks!)  :o

Heck, I'd be afraid of you!     

Think big.............or stay home!     ::)

Scott.

Dominators were 6 years behind this manifold. The stage IV, V , and current VI heads came along over ten years later when Chrysler got back into making performance parts. The big gap was due to the push of the Hemi when it was introduced in '64 followed by the gas crunch that KILLED Musclecars and created the infamous K car invasion.
      Randy
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

I spy a B9 deep inside there.    8)

propayne

Beautiful Mustang race car I spotted at VIR this past weekend.

Competing in the Pirelli World Challenge.

- Phillip

President, Delmarva Cougar Club - Brand Manager, Cougar Club of America

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

^^^^ looking at that podium, I would say it is safe to say lawyers hadn't arrived yet.

8)

shelbydoug

Quote from: 2112 on May 05, 2019, 10:48:20 PM
^^^^ looking at that podium, I would say it is safe to say lawyers hadn't arrived yet.

8)

Gotta' luv the lawyers. We'd still be hitting each other with sticks and stone axes without them.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

ChicagoChris

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

69mach351w

Quote from: 2112 on May 05, 2019, 10:48:20 PM

8)
Boy that'd be unheard of today. Look at the make-shift steps ;D

I think that guy in the blue shirt is standing there holding it with his foot :o