News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Random car pictures

Started by 1109RWHP, January 22, 2018, 12:02:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

honker

I think this had to do with the car on display at the Empire State Building ?

Mike

J_Speegle

Quote from: honker on March 24, 2020, 03:39:59 PM

Mike

Yes the crew waiting outside for the go ahead
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

honker

program for the Clifton Arizona Hill Climb 1982, Is that a Shelby ? I'm not sure about the extra ? bumper placement.

Or is it one of those Chevys, Camaro ?, if it is I will delete.

Mike

69mach351w

Quote from: honker on March 24, 2020, 03:39:59 PM

Mike
Yea,  it was said that they took the Mustang, section-by-section onto the Elevator to haul it to the top for display.

honker

The image is small, but the fins ('59 Cadi ?) aren't, early Targa roof, dagmars on the front  ::)

Mike

Quote from: honker on March 30, 2020, 12:12:23 PM
The image is small, but the fins ('59 Cadi ?) aren't, early Targa roof, dagmars on the front  ::)

Mike
. That thing is spectacular!!!(ly bad)

mark p

Quote from: 557 on March 30, 2020, 12:17:51 PM

Mike
. That thing is spectacular!!!(ly bad)

yes, Ugh. is it OK if I tell myself that was photoshopped?
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

JD

George Barris Mail-Order Kustomizing Klass graduate?
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

roddster

I'll bet he's still married to the girl that was attracted to that......

Krelboyne

Somewhere there is a Cosplay super hero looking for that car. Rat Man and Mouse Boy.
Scott Behncke - Carchaeologist @ WCCC

69mach351w

Mike
I think it looks cool as heck, for the time period ;)

68krrrr

Definitely looks  like a George Barris inspired Bat mobile Mustang
Current
1967 GT500 #1724
Nightmist Blue /Parchment
2005 Ford Gt Midnight blue
Porsche 911 Turbo 2007 Highly modified
1934 Ford Chopped & channeled

Previously owned
1968 GT500KR #03528 Lime green
1968 GT/CS

"Fly low & avoid the radar"
Thanks Adam

rhjanes

Those fins....looks like they came off a '59 Caddy.  I'm wondering if they started with a convertible.  Added on the back off a fastback and the fins from the caddy.   All from the same wrecking....Auto Recycling Center. 
Pirating!  Corporate take-over without the paperwork

oldcanuck

Quote from: Wedgeman on February 27, 2020, 08:12:19 PM
British Columbia... late 60's-early 70's

I'm wondering if this pic is from the Kelowna Hill Climb ?   It has been around long enough and garners cars and drivers from all over Canada and the northern states. Sure looks like the lower parking lot......
Bob
Knoxvegas, TN

Well,after  careful reconsideration,I must admit that the white stripe front tires DO give it a certain,jaunty,sporty,quality.......NOT!!! Though you have to kind of admire the amount of time and dedication  required to build something so spectacularly ugly....Perhaps a preliminary sketch would have been in order? :o (gosh I hope it's "creator" isn't on this forum.....unlikely......)