Author Topic: Random car pictures  (Read 717509 times)

Shelby_r_b

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Random car pictures
« Reply #495 on: March 10, 2018, 02:06:44 PM »
Never understood how someone can let a Shelby go this far!! Or any vintage Mustang/Shelby for that fact!!

These people got to know the value of these cars when they're restored. But there is a "point of no return" as to when they think they have an investment, but then the old cancer (rust) gets too far into the meat of the metal and then they're not worth 2 cents (in a matter of speaking) :o

I've had my eye on a red 67 FB 289 car for about 12 years now. I go to see it 2 times minimum a year for at least the first 3/4 decade. Don't go too often now cause it's sitting on the ground (with inflated tires), from all the freezing and thawing to where it's no good now, maybe parts only....

Usually the man was there most of the time, and was very low spoken always with a smile, but never wanting to sale. He never really gave me a reason why, just "wasn't for sale". 

I'd even pull up with my 69 Mach on occasion and mention to him that I'd like to save the 67 and make it look that good (and be pointing at my Mach), Nothing though, just smile and under soft spoken words, "not for sale".

Haven't been in over a year, No need now :(

Man, that sucks! I’ve heard many similar stories. I don’t get it either. Just letting something rot beyond repair...what a waste.  :'(
Nothing beats a classic!

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #496 on: March 10, 2018, 05:48:53 PM »
Never understood how someone can let a Shelby go this far!! Or any vintage Mustang/Shelby for that fact!!

These people got to know the value of these cars when they're restored. But there is a "point of no return" as to when they think they have an investment, but then the old cancer (rust) gets too far into the meat of the metal and then they're not worth 2 cents (in a matter of speaking) :o

First off we have no idea of when these pictures were taken but we need to remember that for allot of people (the vast majority out there) these are just cars. Something to be used and then discarded like an old couch or mattress. 

At points in the past most (if we are to include non Shelby's) were nothing but transportation and all of them had a point were they were not worth fixing up or maintaining, so owners choose to do what they do with unimportant things they once liked but their time had passed.  Scrap yards, poorly stored or yard art....

The vast majority were and still aren't considered a true investment but of course that is another almost endless thread and discussion most of us have seen on forums over the years.
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: March 10, 2018, 05:56:08 PM »
let's get the party started with the cha cha slide...
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

69mach351w

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: March 10, 2018, 06:17:27 PM »

First off we have no idea of when these pictures were taken but we need to remember that for allot of people (the vast majority out there) these are just cars. Something to be used and then discarded like an old couch or mattress. 

At points in the past most (if we are to include non Shelby's) were nothing but transportation and all of them had a point were they were not worth fixing up or maintaining, so owners choose to do what they do with unimportant things they once liked but their time had passed.  Scrap yards, poorly stored or yard art....

The vast majority were and still aren't considered a true investment but of course that is another almost endless thread and discussion most of us have seen on forums over the years.
My post was directly after the two junk Shelby's.  Lol, these people know what these cars are.

Bigfoot

• Forum 1.0 posts: 8815
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: March 10, 2018, 06:55:56 PM »
Decal
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: March 11, 2018, 08:50:07 AM »
boing

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

jguyer

• SAAC Member
  • Any man that eats chili, can't be all bad.
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: March 11, 2018, 10:32:47 AM »
Looks more like a Bronco than a Mustang ;D
"Never trust a man that don't eat cornbread, or a woman that don't cook it"

6S1568

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: March 11, 2018, 10:58:07 AM »
Good one Jay, I wonder what the tachometer was reading at that moment in time?

Richstang

• View Profile
    • 1967 Shelby Research Group
« Reply #503 on: March 11, 2018, 11:08:45 AM »
boing

You have to wonder what in the world they were trying to prove with that test drive!
They had to bust up something with that landing...
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: March 11, 2018, 02:06:09 PM »
wrong turn...

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: March 11, 2018, 02:22:37 PM »
el shelby...

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

69mach351w

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: March 11, 2018, 03:03:52 PM »
el shelby...
This is actually a 135 Mustang, disquised as a Shelby!!

8F02R135027
Body Style   Color   Trim   Date   DSO   Axle   Transmission   Located
63A               M        2A   30M   844660   7           5              Yes
Ford documentation describes the car as having been delivered to Russ Davis Ford of Covina, CA. The picture shows the car after it was reportedly dug out from a deep tangle of vegetation in 2007. The Shelby body parts are not original. The original engine block for this car is reported to have changed hands in 2003.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 03:15:15 PM by 69mach351w »

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: March 11, 2018, 03:19:24 PM »
el shelby...
This is actually a 135 Mustang, disquised as a Shelby!!

8F02R135027
Body Style   Color   Trim   Date   DSO   Axle   Transmission   Located
63A               M        2A   30M   844660   7           5              Yes
Ford documentation describes the car as having been delivered to Russ Davis Ford of Covina, CA. The picture shows the car after it was reportedly dug out from a deep tangle of vegetation in 2007. The Shelby body parts are not original. The original engine block for this car is reported to have changed hands in 2003.

no bueno, no el shelby....el mustang 135

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

69mach351w

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: March 11, 2018, 03:24:35 PM »
   bunda haklısın ;D

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: March 11, 2018, 03:50:04 PM »
   bunda haklısın ;D

si senor.....

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy