News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Random car pictures

Started by 1109RWHP, January 22, 2018, 12:02:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

honker

"Got up this morning and got my self a beer, the futures uncertain, and the end is almost here"  the Lizard King ! (Morrison)

ps: Just looked at the video for  "The End" on youtube, there are some frames of him in the Shelby, but interestingly  near the end

they show this dark Mustang fast back on the freeway ? never spotted that before.

Mike

I have been to California many times, there is something about the light there, you get the same in the desert, Nevada, New

Mexico etc.

shelbydoug

Quote from: honker on April 14, 2020, 09:46:31 AM
"Got up this morning and got my self a beer, the futures uncertain, and the end is almost here"  the Lizard King ! (Morrison)

He meant the "end of the beer". So he'd just pop another and drive faster?

A very interesting individual tortured no doubt by the difference between his reality and the real thing? His visions carry weight here.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

gt350hr

Notice the wider than "normal" spacing between the Webers on reply 1951 and 1952. The slight inward cant indicates Gurney Weslake heads and the width is because the block is a 9.2 "XE Windsor" block that packed 377 CI. Some pictures are worth a thousand words. IIRC the guy leaning on the truck is Ryan Falconer. Sitting in the truck is maybe Steele?
   Randy
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

Ryan Falconer, the guy who builds  V-12's?

shelbydoug

Quote from: gt350hr on April 14, 2020, 10:40:03 AM
    Notice the wider than "normal" spacing between the Webers on reply 1951 and 1952. The slight inward cant indicates Gurney Weslake heads and the width is because the block is a 9.2 "XE Windsor" block that packed 377 CI. Some pictures are worth a thousand words. IIRC the guy leaning on the truck is Ryan Falconer. Sitting in the truck is maybe Steele?
   Randy

Of Falconer & Dunn?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

gt350hr

Bingo and Bingo.  Ryan and his brother both worked in the SAI engine dept. John Dunn came along a little later and when Shelby Racing Co shut down at the end of the '69 season , they formed Falconer and Dunn Racing Engines. After John departed Ryan continued on it the Salinas Ca area and has now moved to Arizona , still building incredible engines like the Falconer V12. Now let me see if I have $5 and a mask so I can order a cup of coffee.
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

shelbydoug

I thought Dunn was the guy with the dark hair and glasses? In the pictures with the Boss 302 heads that the intakes are epoxied down.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

honker