News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

1968 Shelby GT500 KR fastback prices

Started by Coralsnake, September 26, 2023, 07:57:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coralsnake

You know whats really great 2/4 high sellers were also non matching numbers. Kind of defeats several of the BaT arguments.

The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

stephen_becker

Coralsnake / why is BaT idiots throwing shade your way? I saw them do that on that green GT 350 CV that just ended that you were commenting on.

Go tell them to pound sand!

Coralsnake

There are an awful lot of people to send those emails to...

😉

I love BaT, the "three pedal" "numbers" crowd continues to embarrass themselves in every auction.

The numbers mean almost nothing as does the transmission. If you look at the highest sales several of them are automatics with non matching motors...and most cant recognize "good" numbers even after they have them 🤗

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Coralsnake on September 27, 2023, 10:18:52 AM
There are an awful lot of people to send those emails to...

😉

I love BaT, the "three pedal" "numbers" crowd continues to embarrass themselves in every auction.

The numbers mean almost nothing as does the transmission. If you look at the highest sales several of them are automatics with non matching motors...and most cant recognize "good" numbers even after they have them 🤗
;D ;D ;D
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

QuickSilverShelby

Quote from: Coralsnake on September 26, 2023, 08:34:00 PM
You know whats really great 2/4 high sellers were also non matching numbers. Kind of defeats several of the BaT arguments.
I am really interested, what made two of the top sales for a 68 (with non matching numbers) command top dollar?  Were they engineering cars, the color of the car, a Paxton car or was it something else that helped bring them such success?

QSS
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Coralsnake

shelbydoug

Very impressive numbers if true. The market for Shelbys is much stronger then I expected.

It appears that buyers have their own criteria of value. This is strong evidence of continued appreciation of these cars. Better then holding gold but admittedly not as liquid.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Steve Meltzer

ShelbyDoug, Not sure how liquid gold is, but will ask Senator Menendes.  s

shelbydoug

Quote from: Steve Meltzer on September 28, 2023, 12:09:58 PM
ShelbyDoug, Not sure how liquid gold is, but will ask Senator Menendes.  s

I leave mine home. It does not carry well in my wallet. I do keep record of the serial numbers in case I see members of Congress wheeling them around with a hand truck. I can prove which ones are mine.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

QuickSilverShelby

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

pmustang

Was a battle to get $49k for mine in 2002. Prices have risen nicely since