News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Why did the Forum server go down?

Started by shelbydoug, September 26, 2023, 08:51:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathsled

"It's the question that brought you here. You know the question, just as I did. Neo : What is the Matrix? Trinity : The answer is out there, Neo, and it's looking for you, and it will find you if you want it to."
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

shelbydoug

"Mr. Andersen, we can fix you. We have ways".
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

NC TRACKRAT

Guys, you can make light of this all you want but I tried to log on twice this morning and got nothing. Someone or something is messing with the server and it's making me uneasy.  I get the feeling that no one is manning the helm and we are 'adrift".
5S071, 6S1467

shelbydoug

"Just Major Tom" adrift in the capsule. "Major can you hear me?" No one home.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

trotrof1

Its the Govt black ops. We were red flagged for possible MAGA extremist members.

shelbydoug

Quote from: trotrof1 on October 02, 2023, 04:51:23 PM
Its the Govt black ops. We were red flagged for possible MAGA extremist members.

Shhhhush! You will blow their cover. It wasn't me who turned them in...maybe.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

rhjanes

I noted it down most of Sunday 10/1/2023.  It was doing some "Server busy" type message (sorry, I should have screen snipped it).  Today 10/2/2023, was down in the morning (central USA time) and now back.
It would be very nice if someone like an Administrator would say what happened.  The Server Busy type message makes me think the site was under a Denial of Service type attack. 

Pirating!  Corporate take-over without the paperwork

TA Coupe

It could be the "HACKER" firing a couple of shots across the bow as a warning of what he can do if he doesn't get something he wants. He may have contacted admin asking for money 🤔   If there's anything you want to save from here you might want to do it now.

Roy
If it starts it's streetable.
Overkill is just enough.

Lincoln tech

Quote from: TA Coupe on October 02, 2023, 05:56:15 PM
It could be the "HACKER" firing a couple of shots across the bow as a warning of what he can do if he doesn't get something he wants. He may have contacted admin asking for money 🤔   If there's anything you want to save from here you might want to do it now.

Roy
Maybe he wants someones 18608 posts transferred to his account  ;D

rhjanes

There is now another thread stating that they were doing testing Sunday and early Monday.   Nice to know.  I guess I missed the announcement.  Glad I'm not addicted to SAAC Forum.   I can quit any time.  Yes.  I can.  I just told you......I really can......
Pirating!  Corporate take-over without the paperwork

TA Coupe

Sooner or later you will convince yourself if you say it enough.

Roy
If it starts it's streetable.
Overkill is just enough.

67 GT350

RARE  Signature Delete

shelbydoug

Quote from: rhjanes on October 02, 2023, 06:20:08 PM
There is now another thread stating that they were doing testing Sunday and early Monday.   Nice to know.  I guess I missed the announcement.  Glad I'm not addicted to SAAC Forum.   I can quit any time.  Yes.  I can.  I just told you......I really can......

There was never an announcement. Just a little ha-ha from the Moderator. He appreciates creating turmoil. Look at the posts he permits.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Don Johnston

Anyone selling "I Survived The SAAC Forum Server Crash" t-shirts?  Actually, as long as the system returns within a few days so I can review the amazing Shelby knowledge here, I will survive. My thanks to those who provide this forum and the those who contribute information. 8)

crossboss

Kinda ironic our 'problem' member has been quiet/absent for a week...hmmm.
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1970 GT-500--#3129--Grabber Orange.
Current lifelong projects:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30