News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

'71 429

Started by Survivor, September 27, 2023, 09:39:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Survivor

So, there's a '71 429 4spd for sale on the East Coast-almost one of those too good to be true cars-basically, seller claims it's an original/untouched survivor car w/ low miles.  I decided to reach out for a pic. of the block cast #-not that hard to get-I even emailed instructions on where it's located.  Word for word response: "I just talked to my manager and he told me that we can't do it because we are not able right now to disassemble a part of a car to take a picture of what you need.  If you are really interested in this car, you can visit our dealership and take your mechanic to disassemble a part of a car and to take a picture or to take a look.  Also, we can send some other picture of the car, maybe you are interested some more pictures of the engine, interior, exterior".  Third grade grammar aside,  I didn't even know how to respond...   

stephen_becker

They would be able to do what you are asking them to do with mechanics mirror & a flashlight - Be careful on this one

tesgt350

At least he said that you can bring your Mechanic and check it out yourself.  Usually they say the Car is at a different location and you need to send them a Deposit first.

pbf777

These "Classic Car Dealers" just irritate the heck out of me with their total lack of any real effort in cooperation in "making the sale", and generally lacking any significant knowledge of, or attempt to acquire any subject matter on, the vehicle they are supposedly representing; and then tack on an exorbitant additional markup for such!  >:(

What I can't figure out is, why do so many people feel that they should sell their cars through these clowns?   ::)

Scott.

Coralsnake

There are some good ones, unfortunately the bad ones are the ones that everyone sees.
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

Bill Collins

I have a '71 Mach I 429 4 speed for sale. Red / black interior J code. Very intact driver class car, recently refreshed after long term storage. It will be on display in my car corral spaces CB 142-143-144 at the Fall Carlisle swap meet today through Saturday.

I have photos available of all visible date codes, engineering numbers, tags etc. No exterior photos yet, will have some later today.
Bill Collins
Bill Collins Collector Fords
Harrisburg, PA
717-648-6600
bill@bcfords.com
Enthusiast since 1965, SAAC charter member since 1975 and Regional Rep since 1985, GT350 Owner since 1971, 289 Cobra owner 1979-2016, Ford GT owner 2006 - 2017

tesgt350

Back in the early 2000's a friend was looking for a  '71 Mach I 429 4 speed  for a while and finally asked me if I knew of any.  I gave him the Number for a Black on Black with Fold Down Rear Seat at $13K.  He snatched it up.  About 6 Months later he sold it.  Last time I give up Info without a finders fee.  That car was sweet too. It had a few 70's era Mods, Fat & Skinny Cragar S/S wrapped with BF-Goodrich Radial T'A's, Air Shocks (so the rear tires could stick out and a pair of 6x9 Jensen Co-Axle Speakers mounted in the back.

Rickmustang

I've owned a '71 J code since 1975. They are great cars.
1965 G.T. 350
1967 Fairlane GT - 390 4-speed
1970 Mach 1 - 428CJ 4-speed/AC
1971 Mach 1 - 429CJ auto/AC
2005 Ford GT

capecodmustang.com

Quote from: pbf777 on September 27, 2023, 10:33:45 AM
     These "Classic Car Dealers" just irritate the heck out of me with their total lack of any real effort in cooperation in "making the sale", and generally lacking any significant knowledge of, or attempt to acquire any subject matter on, the vehicle they are supposedly representing; and then tack on an exorbitant additional markup for such!  >:(

What I can't figure out is, why do so many people feel that they should sell their cars through these clowns?   ::)

Scott.

I'm a classic car dealer and I try to accomodate any serious buyer.

The problem is really simple.
Most of the big classic car dealers have so many cars on consignments they have no idea what they're looking for.
The same guy looking for a VIN on a Ford is asked to see the engine date on a Chevy.
They just don't know.

And since so many transactions are long distance buyers get frustrated....

Royce Peterson

Quote from: Survivor on September 27, 2023, 09:39:29 AM
So, there's a '71 429 4spd for sale on the East Coast-almost one of those too good to be true cars-basically, seller claims it's an original/untouched survivor car w/ low miles.  I decided to reach out for a pic. of the block cast #-not that hard to get-I even emailed instructions on where it's located.  Word for word response: "I just talked to my manager and he told me that we can't do it because we are not able right now to disassemble a part of a car to take a picture of what you need.  If you are really interested in this car, you can visit our dealership and take your mechanic to disassemble a part of a car and to take a picture or to take a look.  Also, we can send some other picture of the car, maybe you are interested some more pictures of the engine, interior, exterior".  Third grade grammar aside,  I didn't even know how to respond...   

It's likely a spammer in some Nigerian prison. Block the email and don't send any more messages.
1968 Cougar XR-7 GT-E 427 Side Oiler C6 3.50 Detroit Locker
1968 1/2 Cougar XR-7 428CJ Ram Air C6 3.91 Traction Lock