News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

68' GT500 / 4 spd vert / suspension parts

Started by chipchambliss, September 28, 2023, 10:55:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chipchambliss

Any recommendations out there for good sources on replacement front end suspension parts?

Bob Gaines

Quote from: chipchambliss on September 28, 2023, 10:55:44 AM
Any recommendations out there for good sources on replacement front end suspension parts?
The answer to your question as it is posed is very lengthily and has many alternatives if answered completely . Many people avoid answering broad questions that require a lot of typing to answer completely. You should narrow down your question and should clarify if you are looking for good aftermarket replacements or assemblyline looking replacements  Some assemblyline looking replacements are only available used or NOS for instance. There can be a big difference in availability and price.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

chipchambliss

Bob - good point - appreciate it.

I think I'm in a bit of a panic mode because we just were notified that we'll be in the F1 Driver's Parade at COTA in a few weeks and I've been procrastinating on getting all of the now metal on metal parts & pieces replaced up front.  One of these days I'll hopefully be able to harass Pete or Tim into helping me with a full on "correct" restoration, but in the interim I suppose I just need to get something that will be functional/safe (and most importantly readily available) so we're not breaking down on the back straight.  I'd prefer Ford to beat Ferrari in this instance since I think we'll be the lead car ;)

Thanks,

Chip

Coralsnake

Chip for upper and lower control arms you should be able to source a brand called "Rare Parts".  I believe NPD sells them

As Mr Gaines stated you can get progressively more detailed from that point, until eventually you go completely mad.

I think Rare Parts also sells the no zirk tie rods, but I maybe mistaken.

For a driver, just save what comes off the car, it could potentially have some rebuild value.
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

gt350shelb

if you plan on driving it  moog  from any auto parts store or online  rock auto  .....ect 
Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

69 GT350 Vert

Moogs new 1 piece strut rod bushings are a great upgrade over the stock multiple piece units.