News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Black 2013 Boss 302 Laguna Seca posing

Started by deathsled, September 30, 2023, 02:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathsled

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cx0lAm7rs4_/?hl=en

Took a joyride this morning to run the gas down.  She poses nicely at White Cemetery on Cuba Road, a haunted road allegedly.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

shelbydoug

It is a handsome thunderous car. Enough to raise the dead.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

deathsled

Yes indeed.  I looked at some of the headstones and some where Civil War era burials. I wondered what they would say if they could see the world today if but for a few minutes.  See cars, planes and so on.  See the Boss 302 parked over their eternal resting place.  It would be a totally alien experience for them.

deathsled

Incidentally, I am reaching a dangerous cross-road regarding the stripes.  These stripes are clearly not the original stripes on this Laguna Seca though Ford should have offered red like they did on the black 2012s.  In any event, the NOS stripes are becoming increasingly difficult to find first off and second, they are getting to an age where they eventually won't adhere anymore if I decided to change the stripes back to original.  The lettering on Boss is wrong.  The font is called "Eurostile_ according to my research, the "S' letters being thinner at the bottom and top.  Hey, I'm starting to be a bit like Bob Gaines et al.  Lol.  Yeah, right.  Not even close.  But I try.  So keep the red or jettison in favor of the original reflective silver tape?

shelbydoug

I always thought red on black makes it look like a Pentecostal?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

TA Coupe

Reach out to this place:
https://www.facebook.com/Auto-Graphics-Plus-164929450241406/?pnref=lhc
He does lots of vintage and modern stripe kits and Decals. Guys on the Boss site swear by him.

Roy
If it starts it's streetable.
Overkill is just enough.

deathsled

Quote from: TA Coupe on September 30, 2023, 08:38:54 PM
Reach out to this place:
https://www.facebook.com/Auto-Graphics-Plus-164929450241406/?pnref=lhc
He does lots of vintage and modern stripe kits and Decals. Guys on the Boss site swear by him.

Roy

Thank you for the info!

shelbydoug

Black and gold like the Hertz cars is my favorite.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

deathsled

Quote from: shelbydoug on September 30, 2023, 09:09:48 PM
Actually come to think of it that would look pretty wild. And on a Laguna no less. It already confuses those who know these cars.

shelbydoug

Quote from: deathsled on September 30, 2023, 09:34:59 PM
Quote from: shelbydoug on September 30, 2023, 09:09:48 PM
Actually come to think of it that would look pretty wild. And on a Laguna no less. It already confuses those who know these cars.

Since you seem intent upon striping the car, I don't think that you can improve upon the combination. I'm not sure why the combination was never offered on the newer cars? Maybe a copyright thing with Hertz?

I don't know why you would want to go with a roll of Mylar stripes? I think it is much easier to paint them on. Certainly the paint formula for the Hertz gold is a known thing. The only decision to make there would be the size of the stripes. I'd go with the classic dimensions. Twin 10", tapered, 2" spacing in between.

I've already stated that I feel the Lemans stripes are too attention grabbing.
I actually witnessed a 66 with stripes get zoomed by a NYS Police patrol 'plane. He came so close I thought the tires were going to skid on the cars roof? Do you really want that kind of attention?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: shelbydoug on October 01, 2023, 08:23:10 AMSince you seem intent upon striping the car, I don't think that you can improve upon the combination. I'm not sure why the combination was never offered on the newer cars? Maybe a copyright thing with Hertz?

Hertz cars when they first started were black with gold pinstripes (1920s?) which is why the colors were chosen when SA made the pitch to Hertz. The recent Hertz Camaro's are black with yellow stripes.
When Ford made the 2006 GT Heritage edition they had to shift the hue of the Gulf colors so they didn't get sued. Gulf wanted some $$ per car to use "their colors" and Ford refused to spend the money.

But for some reason I sense that Richard is drawn toward the Alan Mann Heritage GT
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

deathsled

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on October 02, 2023, 04:05:48 PM
Quote from: shelbydoug on October 01, 2023, 08:23:10 AMSince you seem intent upon striping the car, I don't think that you can improve upon the combination. I'm not sure why the combination was never offered on the newer cars? Maybe a copyright thing with Hertz?

Hertz cars when they first started were black with gold pinstripes (1920s?) which is why the colors were chosen when SA made the pitch to Hertz. The recent Hertz Camaro's are black with yellow stripes.
When Ford made the 2006 GT Heritage edition they had to shift the hue of the Gulf colors so they didn't get sued. Gulf wanted some $$ per car to use "their colors" and Ford refused to spend the money.

But for some reason I sense that Richard is drawn toward the Alan Mann Heritage GT
You would be correct, sir!  Perfect color combination for a perfect car.  I think Tim Burton of the Shmee150 website used that color combo for his Ford GT. 

shelbydoug

There you go. Keep it in the family with a big gold (actually a bronze powder formula) Hertz pair.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Bigfoot

How about no stripes, and a set of those red wheels from a 2012......
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: Bigfoot on October 02, 2023, 05:37:03 PM
How about no stripes, and a set of those red wheels from a 2012......
I personally hated the 2012 LS Black/Red scheme. I was looking to buy one and thought I'd get the red roof, grille, spoiler wrapped with a carbon fibre look and swap the wheels out. That way it could be returned to original at a future date. Now I'm torn between a 2013 school bus yellow LS or a 2020 Bullitt because I like the IRS.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless